Board Upgrade 2019!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Does anyone else have the issue of when you try to post something it takes forever to post (a “working” message pops up on the screen)
    I have an uneasy feeling that there are problems with the database. The SQL server crashes several times a day. Not being an SQL/db expert, this is somewhat daunting.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

• I'll be adding an upgrade/security patch tomorrow morning, Saturday May 9. Earlier rather than later I hope--it all depends on how long I sleep in tomorrow! I'll also update (or re-install) the Tapatalk plug-in, so we'll see how it goes.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

• Unanticipated problems (as usual). If the site goes down for a while, that means that this particular problem has been resolved! (grumble, grumble)
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

• Site appears to be upgraded. New version of Tapatalk installed as well.

However, I'm going to take it back down to try to clean up the database a bit.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

• Back. vBulletin upgraded, Tapatalk upgraded, some database-fixer stuff run, I'm calling it a day!
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

• Thanks Filbert!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                Thanks Filbert!!!
                My thank you also. I noticed the wait time for a post has dropped considerably. You definitely did the upgrade.

Comment

• Is it just my hardware or has the forum been really slow (and often not working at all) for anyone else the past few weeks?

Comment

• No, it's not just you. It's been throwing up more and more database error messages (17 today so far) that represent basically crashes of the database server. I think the database is corrupted somehow but database debugging isn't exactly in my wheelhouse. There is a software update for the board software that I need to put on to see if it helps (but I had foot surgery and can't get downstairs to the computer for a couple of weeks yet!).

I hope it gets ironed out before the big sports begin again--I would never have thought I would look at postponing football until the spring as a good thing, but there it is.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

• Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                      Is it just my hardware or has the forum been really slow (and often not working at all) for anyone else the past few weeks?
                      It's happened to me on both smartphone and laptop

Comment

• Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        No, it's not just you. It's been throwing up more and more database error messages (17 today so far) that represent basically crashes of the database server. I think the database is corrupted somehow but database debugging isn't exactly in my wheelhouse. There is a software update for the board software that I need to put on to see if it helps (but I had foot surgery and can't get downstairs to the computer for a couple of weeks yet!).

I hope it gets ironed out before the big sports begin again--I would never have thought I would look at postponing football until the spring as a good thing, but there it is.
                        Does VBulletin have some sort of customer service that could help with this, or are you all on your own to try to debug the database? Seems like if it's something you pay for they should be able to help, right?

Comment

• I just signed on (Aug 17, 2020; 2:25 PM) and the message board was responding very quickly. Prior to today, I was experiencing the same problems noted by others. Is it working for everyone else?

Comment

• I have a patch that I've been putting off installing . . . I suppose I should do that sooner rather than later.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

• Originally posted by CappinHard View Post

Does VBulletin have some sort of customer service that could help with this, or are you all on your own to try to debug the database? Seems like if it's something you pay for they should be able to help, right?
                              In the grand scheme of things, I'm not really paying very much for the software, and the tech support isn't exactly prompt getting back to you. Plus if it's actually a database problem, that's really more my problem than it is theirs. My hosting provider has helped me out some there, but I'm still looking at trying to fix something I really don't know very much about.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

• And it's really weird that when I posted that first response ("I have a patch . . . ") it took about a minute for the board to accept the post. Then I replied to CappinHard and it came back really fast. That makes me think that at least part of the problem might be some kind of mis-configuation of the board software (too long or too long a cache period, or too big or too small a cache, or something.) Heck, I dunno.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X