Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Board Upgrade 2019!

Originally posted by adminhare View Post
    Upgrade may happen any minute/hour now. Stand by!
    Is it possible it happened? B/C I couldn't sign in on my Tapatalk app

Comment

Re: Board Upgrade 2019!

Originally posted by slosho View Post
      Is it possible it happened? B/C I couldn't sign in on my Tapatalk app
      No, that is probably the pgp upgrade I had to do before the vBulletin upgrade.
      Last edited by filbert; 01-24-2020, 12:25 PM.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Obviously things look different now. I figured that would happen, and I'll play with that sometime in the indeterminate future. But I think most things are probably working. I also wouldn't be surprised if other things are either broken or work differently than before. Major version upgrades are kind of that way.

Comment

Obviously things look different now. I figured that would happen, and I'll play with that sometime in the indeterminate future. But I think most things are probably working. I also wouldn't be surprised if other things are either broken or work differently than before. Major version upgrades are kind of that way.
          I don't mind a little different look, but please bring back the "What's new" page, where all of the recent posts show up so I don't have to click into the individual topics to see the new posts.

Comment

Also, there has to be a way to set it up so posts show up from newest to oldest when you click on a topic, right? I believe that was a user setting on the old site. I can't seem to find it on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post

I don't mind a little different look, but please bring back the "What's new" page, where all of the recent posts show up so I don't have to click into the individual topics to see the new posts.
              The "New Topics" at upper left of screen should be similar. I'm still figuring out what version 5 changed/broken versus the old version 4. This may take a while.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I personally am experiencing a problem where going to

http://sdsufans.com/board/

still takes me to the "performing maintenance" page. I'm hoping that's just an issue with that page being cached in the system of the internet provider I'm currently using. Anybody else (who can get into the site now) seeing that same behavior?
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  I personally am experiencing a problem where going to

http://sdsufans.com/board/

still takes me to the "performing maintenance" page. I'm hoping that's just an issue with that page being cached in the system of the internet provider I'm currently using. Anybody else (who can get into the site now) seeing that same behavior?
                  Yep.

We’ll be back soon!

Sorry for the inconvenience but we’re performing some maintenance at the moment. We’ll be back online shortly!

— The Team

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

The "New Topics" at upper left of screen should be similar. I'm still figuring out what version 5 changed/broken versus the old version 4. This may take a while.
                    That only lists the topics that have new posts in them. I can't see what was posted until I go in them. Also, when I click on a topic and go back to the "New Topics" page, that topic is not listed at the top anymore, even though it's the newest topic with posts, possibly because they're not 'new' to me anymore? Not complaining, just trying to help.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

Yep.

We’ll be back soon!

Sorry for the inconvenience but we’re performing some maintenance at the moment. We’ll be back online shortly!

— The Team
                      Same

Comment

That only lists the topics that have new posts in them. I can't see what was posted until I go in them. Also, when I click on a topic and go back to the "New Topics" page, that topic is not listed at the top anymore, even though it's the newest topic with posts, possibly because they're not 'new' to me anymore? Not complaining, just trying to help.
                        Yes, I suppose that's because it's not "new" to you any more. I'm learning this new thing right along with all y'all.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Apparently the direct link to the forums is now

http://sdsufans.com/board/forum/

AND the old http://sdsufans.com geeklog blog site is broken, in that I can't log into it any more. I can work around that, eventually, but . . . BOOMS! BOOMS EVERYWHERE!!!
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I've redirected http://sdsufans.com/board/ to http://sdsufans/board/forum/ which seems to give something similar to what it was before. That should help somewhat with those of you who bookmarked the old link.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I'm with Cappin on this. If you can figure out a way to create a similar "What's New" page that'd be great.

Comment

Is anyone having issues accessing the forum using the tapatalk app on iphone?
                                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Working...
                                X