Tailgating at CAS 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailgating at CAS 2010

A couple of weeks ago I received a letter asking about renewing our tailgate site. Included with the letter was a new map with additional tailgate lot options. I don't have it in front of me but from what I remember the hard-surface lot just west of CAS and the two lots north and northeast will all be open for tailgating. Certain stipulations apply and fees vary. I don't have the details and I don't see a map or new info on the gojacks website yet.

Regardless, there will be more option for tailgating and those options will allow people to avoid the mud. We chose to keep our large site in the backyard.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Tailgating at CAS 2010

Also went with keeping the same spot in the backyard. It's just nice back there!
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
      Also went with keeping the same spot in the backyard. It's just nice back there!
      I know the Chain Gang kept their same spot too. I'm glad we're in the backyard and not on the asphalt. Jackrabbit football and tailgating have now become a Saturday Event. If you don't enjoy the backyard on gameday, you must be hard to please.
      Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever
        I remember the new rules quite well, but I could be wrong on a few.

The backyard is reserved for season ticket holders and students.

The priority lot is still just that, priority parking, but you are able to tailgate in that lot now if you have priority parking.

The grass south of the stadium is for cereal bowl, beef bowl and visitor tailgating.

The lots to the east of the HPER and north of the library are $5 a spot lots.
        This seems pretty accurate. Priority lot remains priority but you can tailgate if you want. I'll probably take advantage if the backyard is flooded. The "green" south of CAS just north of the wellness center will be the location of the big tents for special events. The other lots remain "parking for the pride" but now you can also "tailgate for the pride".

I don't know for sure if you have to have season tickets to purchase a tailgate site in the backyard. I thought you could still buy a site and reserve it for the year regardless of your season ticket holder status.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          This seems pretty accurate. Priority lot remains priority but you can tailgate if you want. I'll probably take advantage if the backyard is flooded. The "green" south of CAS just north of the wellness center will be the location of the big tents for special events. The other lots remain "parking for the pride" but now you can also "tailgate for the pride".

I don't know for sure if you have to have season tickets to purchase a tailgate site in the backyard. I thought you could still buy a site and reserve it for the year regardless of your season ticket holder status.
          In order to reserve a "backyard" spot, you must be a season ticket holder, donor of $200 or more, and at least 21 years old. Single game spots will be sold based on availability after season spots are allocated.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU16 View Post
            In order to reserve a "backyard" spot, you must be a season ticket holder, donor of $200 or more, and at least 21 years old. Single game spots will be sold based on availability after season spots are allocated.
            I did not know that. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU16 View Post
              or a student... I just bought my spot the other day and i am none of the above
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Except for being 21
                I'm confused now. I typed verbatum from the letter I received with the tailgate renewal form. Again, my letter states that to get a spot in the backyard:

"To reserve a spot you must be a season ticket holder, donor of $200 or more, and at least 21 years old. Single game spots will be sold based on availability after season spots are allocated."

Concerning WestsideRabbits' comments, about students, students are not even mentioned in the letter.

There's also confusion about when the lots close. The actual "tailgate policies and assumption of risk form" states in #2 that "ALL tailgating lots will close at game time." However, the tailgating renewal letter states that they will close 30 minutes prior to kickoff.

I'm assuming that the lots will close 30 minutes prior to kickoff like in the past but that's not what the policies form states.

Comment

I was stating that WestSide is 21, we tailgate together. As to your concerns, I saw that as well on the letter, but on another sheet in the packet it states that the backyard is for all of the above and students. So yes students are eligible to get a spot in the backyard if over 21.
                  You're right. The "policies and assumption of risk form" does say students are included.

Once again, the renewal letter and the policies form state 2 different things. Just like the closing time as I previously pointed out.

Comment

This map has an updated version of parking and tailgating options. The lots where tailgating will be allowed are marked with a large green T (obvious I know).

http://www.gojacks.com/downloads2/38...B_OEM_ID=15000

Comment

This map has an updated version of parking and tailgating options. The lots where tailgating will be allowed are marked with a large green T (obvious I know).

And just so everyone knows, the Yellow Lot on this map (historically the main tailgate lot north of the stadium) is already sold out for the entire year. No single game spots will be sold in the north lot.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                        And just so everyone knows, the Yellow Lot on this map (historically the main tailgate lot north of the stadium) is already sold out for the entire year. No single game spots will be sold in the north lot.
                        Wow. That is good news. I guess if one has to pay $5 and park in a paved lot and tailgate there, it really isn't that big of a deal! Just expands the game day atmosphere for SDSU. I like it.
                        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

A little more info about tailgating this year. 5 hours before evening games, 4 hours afternoon games. Closed at game time, no tailgating after the game.

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...&ATCLID=897605

Comment

A little more info about tailgating this year. 5 hours before evening games, 4 hours afternoon games. Closed at game time, no tailgating after the game.

Would love to see them allow us 1 hour after the game some year, but alas..."you can't always get what you want"...can't remember what song that's from.

Go Jacks!!
                            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Well, I have convinced the parents and wife, that its a good investment into getting season tickets. They all love the game day atmosphere, Just now I need to convicne them how important the pregame tailgating is.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                              X