Stig on Omaha Radio Today 10:30 a.m.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stig on Omaha Radio Today 10:30 a.m.

Coach Stig will be on the Schick & Nick show today as they continue their Husker season preview.

Listen live online at 1620 The Zone. Or you can download the podcast of the segment later today.
    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Re: Stig on Omaha Radio Today 10:30 a.m.

I think these guys are terrible, to be honest. You'd think the 8th Graders from Patrick Henry Middle School in Sioux Falls were going to go play the Vikings.

Makes me dislike the Cornhuskers even more, didn't think that was possible. That's one radio program I will never listen to again.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

They...They...They aren't good. In fact the Sports Buffet on 99.1 is heads and tails above these guys. I'm not sure if that's too good, but I don't feel like I need to change the channel when I listen to the Sports Buffet.
      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Yeah, I thought about warning everyone how bad Schick & Nick are, but I figured you all could form your own opinions. And actually, I thought they did far better during the interview than I expected. I thought they were fair and that Stig did a fine job.

Listen for yourself.
        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
        --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I thought Stig handled things very well. He talked about how it was an obviously big challenge to win the game. No need to sugar coat that. He also talked about they will work on what they do every week and that is do what we need to do to go 1-0 that week.

You gotta love Stig and how he approaches things. His style works well for situations like this.

Going to be fun in Lincoln!

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
            Yeah, I thought about warning everyone how bad Schick & Nick are, but I figured you all could form your own opinions. And actually, I thought they did far better during the interview than I expected. I thought they were fair and that Stig did a fine job.

Listen for yourself.
            It should be noted that my opinion was not based solely on the interview with Stig as I listened for roughly an hour before he came on. That played a large part in my opinion regarding their show.

Comment

Stig is so levelheaded and so good at dealing with media on the phone. He sounded great, just like he did when he was on the radio in Mpls last year. Of course you can tell the MPLS radio guys were hoping State would beat the Gophs. They do not care for Brewster too much up there I think.
              IMHO.
              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

I don't know about anybody else but listening to Coach talk about our program gives me chills and I can't wait for the season to start.

Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                  Stig is so levelheaded and so good at dealing with media on the phone. He sounded great, just like he did when he was on the radio in Mpls last year. Of course you can tell the MPLS radio guys were hoping State would beat the Gophs. They do not care for Brewster too much up there I think.
                  IMHO.
                  1130 KFAN, the main radio show in MPLS, and Tim Brewster don't get along. He actually forbid any of this coaches and players to talk to the radio station because he felt they gave too much negative criticism of him and the program.

The radio's main host that had Stig on, Dan Barrieiro, has a running feud with Brewster. All week long of the SDSU game they would play Steve Imming clips of SDSU touchdowns. They still play at least 1 or 2 a week a soundbite of Steve saying "Touchdown Jackrabbits". In a sense, they are making fun of the Jacks but at the same time it's awesome to hear it routinely played in the MPLS area.
                  http://www.twitter.com/minneapolisjack

Comment

I thought Stig handled that very well, and those two Omaha guys asked some pretty good questions, too. Thanks for posting the link, jacksfannine.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

That was a pretty good interview. Thought the DJs gave Stig a fair shake--although there were a couple times where there was a bit of a 'do you guys have electricity?' vibe (the talk about tape trading for instance), but on the whole it was a pretty good interview.

Comment

I heard the interview live on the way home from Nebraska today. I thought that the interview went an entirely different direction than the hosts thought it would. That is thanks to John. He did a really nice job of telling the Jack's story in a short period of time, and I thought he did a really nice job of conveying what their football program is all about.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                          That was a pretty good interview. Thought the DJs gave Stig a fair shake--although there were a couple times where there was a bit of a 'do you guys have electricity?' vibe (the talk about tape trading for instance), but on the whole it was a pretty good interview.
                          This is the stuff that bothers me. Maybe I need a thicker skin but maybe I also expect these people to know the opponents they are talking about quite a bit better. Say what you want, but if my job is to talk Cornhusker football and I know that this is the day I'm having the opposing team's head coach on, I'd want to be as well versed as possible and avoid the "do you guys have electricity?" vibe.

For instance: Mike, I listen to your show in the afternoon sometimes and you guys know what is happening with a wide swath of athletics in all fields. It impresses me and I thank you for doing your homework and being in the know when you interview your guests. Makes for good listening.

/rant

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHenriksen View Post
                            I thought that the interview went an entirely different direction than the hosts thought it would.
                            I agree. In becoming a coach, I think SDSU lost a great math prof. He's a good teacher.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHenriksen View Post
                              I heard the interview live on the way home from Nebraska today. I thought that the interview went an entirely different direction than the hosts thought it would. That is thanks to John. He did a really nice job of telling the Jack's story in a short period of time, and I thought he did a really nice job of conveying what their football program is all about.
                              I just listened to the interview and I think - NO I KNOW Coach Stig really made a positive impression on these two guys. Stig represents SDSU so well it makes me extremely proud to be a Jackrabbit fan.

I am ready for some football.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Working...
                              X