Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sporting News selects the best games for 2010 season

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t...spx?id=4326204

Best non-conference matchup - South Dakota State is making the long trip east to Delaware for a Sept. 11 meeting. The visiting Jackrabbits have plenty of stars - running back Kyle Minett, linebacker Derek Domino and strong safety Conrad Kjerstad - while the Blue Hens have one of their own in quarterback Pat Devlin, who has an experienced group of skill position players this season.

Plus toughest road start discussion for the Jacks.

more at the Sporting News link above.

Re: Sporting News selects the best games for 2010 season

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
    http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t...spx?id=4326204

Best non-conference matchup - South Dakota State is making the long trip east to Delaware for a Sept. 11 meeting. The visiting Jackrabbits have plenty of stars - running back Kyle Minett, linebacker Derek Domino and strong safety Conrad Kjerstad - while the Blue Hens have one of their own in quarterback Pat Devlin, who has an experienced group of skill position players this season.

Plus toughest road start discussion for the Jacks.

more at the Sporting News link above.
    Our first 4 road games are so tough. Will be tough to win all of them and may even be tough to split those 4. Let the games and he hype begin.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
      Our first 4 road games are so tough. Will be tough to win all of them and may even be tough to split those 4. Let the games and he hype begin.
      I think we know where I stand.

But just in case some one would dare skip over my rants.....The Jacks will be ready for Delaware. They will remember the lack of effort against SIU last year. They will show to play against the Bugeaters, and last I think it is a down year for the Panthers(just an educated hunch). My confidence is up there but, we all know that.
      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
        I think we know where I stand.

But just in case some one would dare skip over my rants.....The Jacks will be ready for Delaware. They will remember the lack of effort against SIU last year. They will show to play against the Bugeaters, and last I think it is a down year for the Panthers(just an educated hunch). My confidence is up there but, we all know that.
        Lets not also forget how tough our first home opponent is as well. I think we are going to do well but this has to be the toughest football schedule that the Jacks have ever had.. Would u agree or disagree?

Comment

Lets not also forget how tough our first home opponent is as well. I think we are going to do well but this has to be the toughest football schedule that the Jacks have ever had.. Would u agree or disagree?
          I'd say the 12 game 2008 season to kick-off MoValley was just a touch tougher. OOC was Iowa St in our first FBS game, and we looked it. SFA had most of the same personnel that took them to the play-offs last year (I still feel that that 2008 SFA game was the most exciting, nail-biter ever watched). McNeese stole the Hobo Day game (shame Jacks let that one slip away). Cal Poly team smoked us, on way to play-offs. And, like this 2010 season, played SIU, UNI, and NDSU on the road.

Nebraska is definitely superior to IA St.
          Delaware is comparible to McNeese or better GA Southern teams.
          UND is comparible to SFA was in 2008.

I like our chances in Fargo and Cedar Falls better this year, and some year, Stig will tag Lennon with a loss. But IMHO, with few SIU player losses, and a solid running back transfer to replace their waterbug back, in their new stadium, I doubt this will be the year.

The SN article lists the Jacks first 4 road games as the toughest road segment in FCS, and I agree with that.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
            I'd say the 12 game 2008 season to kick-off MoValley was just a touch tougher. OOC was Iowa St in our first FBS game, and we looked it. SFA had most of the same personnel that took them to the play-offs last year (I still feel that that 2008 SFA game was the most exciting, nail-biter ever watched). McNeese stole the Hobo Day game (shame Jacks let that one slip away). Cal Poly team smoked us, on way to play-offs. And, like this 2010 season, played SIU, UNI, and NDSU on the road.

Nebraska is definitely superior to IA St.
            Delaware is comparible to McNeese or better GA Southern teams.
            UND is comparible to SFA was in 2008.

I like our chances in Fargo and Cedar Falls better this year, and some year, Stig will tag Lennon with a loss. But IMHO, with few SIU player losses, and a solid running back transfer to replace their waterbug back, in their new stadium, I doubt this will be the year.

The SN article lists the Jacks first 4 road games as the toughest road segment in FCS, and I agree with that.
            And lets not forget what Iowa State did in Lincoln last fall- major upset -huskers had a ton of turnovers. 2008 was a tough schedule- no doubt. I also like our chances up at Fargo- UNI will be tough at home regardless of what they lost from last season. Quite the season to look forward to.

Comment

I agree this may be their toughest schedule ever.......but......................this is supposedly the most talent/best team they've ever had as well. I think you are going to see a better team than last year IMHO.
              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                I agree this may be their toughest schedule ever.......but......................this is supposedly the most talent/best team they've ever had as well. I think you are going to see a better team than last year IMHO.
                Jacks should be even better on D than that nearly FCS leading D of last year. The main issue will be if the O-line provides the protection TOB will need to throw so that opponents' D can't key on Minett. If Jacks can stay on their 50/50 split pass/run, they can be very successful.

Comment

Working...
                X