X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Miller

Signs 5 year deal with the Heat.

Pretty much expected.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Re: Mike Miller

Sell out.

Just kidding. I like Mike Miller, he is an excellent shooter, but I will now cheer against his team.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Don't know why but I never really cared for him. Good for him though but he is on a team that is rivaling the lakers for being most hated.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        Don't know why but I never really cared for him. Good for him though but he is on a team that is rivaling the lakers for being most hated.
        Probably because like I, you were sick of hearing about the guy back in the day.. so now you really don't care. I'm sure he's a great guy. good for him.

Comment

His pals told me awhile ago that he would go where LeBron went...I didn't believe them...oops. One thing I'll say for Mike is at least he spends (most) of his offseasons here. I've always got along just fine w/ MM...good for him.

Comment

more and more it sounds like the players had a team in mind and the location was not important... miami just was the lucky winner.

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
              more and more it sounds like the players had a team in mind and the location was not important... miami just was the lucky winner.
              Well the location was pretty important. They needed a team with cap space for all three of them. Plus, I'm guessing South Beach was a big draw.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                Well the location was pretty important. They needed a team with cap space for all three of them. Plus, I'm guessing South Beach was a big draw.
                ...and FL has no state income tax.
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                  more and more it sounds like the players had a team in mind and the location was not important... Miami just was the lucky winner.
                  bingo

Comment

You know everyone is talking about how Pat Riley was a genius to pull this off, but I am wondering if this might be one of those "careful of what you ask for situations." I really don't think he has control of the team anymore, especially when you look at who they have signed since the Big 3. All of the players have been individuals that two of the three publicly stated they would like to play with before the signings of the Big 3 were done, IIRC. It seems pretty clear that these 3 had more input on other signings than has ever occurred before. That may be a good thing, time will tell. But if Riley thinks he gets to decide if comes back as coach, I think he is mistaken. The Heat's owner is committed to paying a heck of a lot more money to those three than he is to Riley, and if nothing else has been learned, it is that the three as a group have no problems working together to get what they want by going around the customary parameters for a given situation.

As for Mike Miller, I think he is in a great position. He has a clearly defined role, and one that he already has shown he can excel at. If things go as they should and nothing more than the usual injuries around the team, he should be playing deep into the playoffs for the rest of his career.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                      Probably because like I, you were sick of hearing about the guy back in the day.. so now you really don't care. I'm sure he's a great guy. good for him.
                      Yeah, back at Washington high watching him play for Mitchell I always thought he was more hype then anything but seems the proof is in the pudding.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

He should get plenty of wide open looks with defenses worrying about the "Big 3". The question has got to be will they be unselfish enough to give up the rock and not worry about their stats. If that happens this team could be unbelievable if they stay healthy. Wow, I guess that's stating the obvious.

For me, as long as the Lakers don't win it I'm happy.

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I keep wondering if this team, as constructed, has only a one year window.

Basically, I can see a hard cap coming in after the lockout, and subsequent to that, Miami ends up dealing one of these guys in order to clear cap space for sufficient talent. In a world where there are no longer mid-level exceptions, biennial exceptions, "Bird Rights", and a sliding scale for veteran minimums (being able to exceed the cap to pay veteran minimums), I think it becomes very difficult to fill the spots around these guys with quality players. In fact, it may be almost impossible to do so without paying league minimum.

As a Boston fan, this is what I'm hoping for because the Big Three is done after the Garnett & Allen contracts expire in 2011/12. I would be content to see the Miami Big Three blown up by a trade in order to make fielding a post-lockout team feasible.

Comment

Working...
                          X