NDSU Lands Wisconsin Transfer DE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU Lands Wisconsin Transfer DE

Tyler Westphal, a 4 star recruit out of high school from Rivals and Scout, just commited to NDSU. The 6'7", 250lb Westphal is a welcome addition to a DE unit that just lost returning starter Garrett Johnson. Westphal is transferring from Wisconsin where he battled shoulder injuries, but the word is he is in great shape heading into the summer and played well at the UW spring game. He is the highest rated player to ever step foot on NDSU's campus.

He chose NDSU over Southern Illinois. Another great day to be a Bison.

Re: NDSU Lands Wisconsin Transfer DE

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
    Tyler Westphal, a 4 star recruit out of high school from Rivals and Scout, just commited to NDSU. The 6'7", 250lb Westphal is a welcome addition to a DE unit that just lost returning starter Garrett Johnson. Westphal is transferring from Wisconsin where he battled shoulder injuries, but the word is he is in great shape heading into the summer and played well at the UW spring game. He is the highest rated player to ever step foot on NDSU's campus.

Blast you and your new recruit!

Nice pick up for you guys.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Mr Westphal was also ranked as the 148th best player in the nation by ESPN and the 7th best defensive end in the 2008 recruiting class.

Bolded for emphasis.

Comment

Mr Westphal was also ranked as the 148th best player in the nation by ESPN and the 7th best defensive end in the 2008 recruiting class.

Bolded for emphasis.
        How could he not choose NDSU? Great past performance with nothing to show for it at the next level. Looking forward to watching him miss a bunch of tackles in years to come.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          How could he not choose NDSU? Great past performance with nothing to show for it at the next level. Looking forward to watching him miss a bunch of tackles in years to come.
          This kid might not finish his career as an all-time great, but no one has ever step foot on SDSU's campus with this much talent as he has. If only he was a good ole boy that wanted to hunt and fish...

Comment

This kid might not finish his career as an all-time great, but no one has ever step foot on SDSU's campus with this much talent as he has. If only he was a good ole boy that wanted to hunt and fish...

Classic Bisonville(we've done nothing in D-1 Football, but you better respect us anyway post).

Go Jacks!!
            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

no one has ever step foot on SDSU's campus with this much talent as he has.
              <cough>Jim Langer</cough>
              <cough>Adam Vinatieri</cough>

Comment

This is a solid get for the Bison if the kids shoulder allows him to keep healthy. My people on the inside said it was a close decision for Tyler but in the end it was North Dakota's high sheep to human ratio that one him over.

Seriously HandoEx? Why you bringing this garbage on here?

SUPERBUNNY
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Under "oxymoron" in the dictionary, it gives this as an example.

Other Great Days to be a Bison:

Oct. 17, 2009
                  Nov. 22, 2008
                  Nov. 17, 2007

Edit: that was definitely smack in a non-smack section. My bad.
                  Last edited by KUlawJack; 07-01-2010, 08:27 AM.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post

Edit: that was definitely smack in a non-smack section. My bad.
                    So was my post and Handoex responded appropriately. I was being a little cheeky and apologize to all Bison faithful and fellow Jackrabbit fans.

Still can't wait to see him falling aside while a Jackrabbit back goes galloping by.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      So was my post and Handoex responded appropriately. I was being a little cheeky and apologize to all Bison faithful and fellow Jackrabbit fans.

Still can't wait to see him falling aside while a Jackrabbit back goes galloping by.
                      Something need to go the Buff's way. Another 3-8 season will send "Mr. Whale-of-a-game" out of Fargo.

A nice get for the Buff's.

Comment

Beyond the smack, I'm still curious why this kid decided to transfer and if so, why not look at other big time schools?

I don't know where he stood on the depth chart, but from what I read the two starting d-ends for the 2010 Badgers will both be seniors.

Congrats to the Bison. If this kid lives up to even some of his potential, I'm not thrilled to have him chasing down O'Brien. We all know what kind of problems Batten created.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                          Beyond the smack, I'm still curious why this kid decided to transfer and if so, why not look at other big time schools?

I don't know where he stood on the depth chart, but from what I read the two starting d-ends for the 2010 Badgers will both be seniors.

Congrats to the Bison. If this kid lives up to even some of his potential, I'm not thrilled to have him chasing down O'Brien. We all know what kind of problems Batten created.
                          He'd be sitting for a third straight year if he transferred to an FBS school. I think he wanted to play this year and NDSU runs a 4-3 like Wisco, which he said helped him pick NDSU over SIU. It is a prime opportunity for him to impact the team this year...we needed a stud DE.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post

Like Hando said he can play right away and I also think he knows a few people on the team.

Comment

1. Transfer noted.
                              2. Until he performs on the field, no one - not even Division II-nostalgic Bison in rose-colored blinders - can tell if this is good, bad, or inconsequential.
                              3. Does he know what the Dakota Marker is? If not, send him over here and we'll enlighten him.

Comment

Working...
                              X