UD - Your Season Opener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UD - Your Season Opener

Greetings SDSU fans. Looking forward to our game on 9/11. We may have an advantage playing the week before you, even if it's against a D-2 program (I don't go out of protest).

Some UD fans are having postseason thoughts this year, our game against you will weigh heavily on that. Expect a sellout crowd with a lot of crowd distractions from behind the stands by your bench. Personally, I'm not a big fan of our coach, he doesn't recruit from his PA roots & he's just not a very friendly, personable guy.

Not a tailgater myself, but a lot of yahoos here think that's just as big if not more important than the game. Have fun, should be a good one.

Re: UD - Your Season Opener

Welcome Hen Fan! Should be a key game for both programs to make the play-offs. This is a key game for OOC play.

This is the only CAA/MVFC game of the 2010 season. Huge bragging rights to either team for a win in this game.

Comment

Originally posted by BangorHen View Post
      (I don't go out of protest).

TRU fan.

What kind of team is Deleware?
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Summer must be slow and the excitement for Fball is high if we already have some hens on the board! Not even July yet!
        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
          TRU fan.

What kind of team is Deleware?
          Delaware is primarily a passing team. Their QB, Pat Devlin is a Penn State transfer and has been rated as high as a 2011 1st round draft pick. Very good & very deep stable of wideouts. RB's are all returning but young, OL has had a lot of problems establishing a run game.

Defense, the DB's are very strong, 3 guys who have started 3 or 4 yrs each. LB corps is pretty good, DL is thin.

UD normally plays pretty well at home & the 1st 30 minutes are a great barometer for the game. Under Keeler, it's about 90% true whoever is up at the half will win.

There's not a lot of respect for Gateway/Mo Valley teams around here as the last two times UD went to the finals it came at the expense of UNI & SIU. The 2007 UNI game was an incredible playoff game wit Joe Flacco. The games in '03 when UD was NC's were 2 blowouts, and they were both in Newark. Don't know what time they'll kickoff but UD would be smart to try to play in the afternoon vs the night. It's been downright hot here, mid-90's heat & high humidity past few days.

Comment

Delaware is primarily a passing team. Their QB, Pat Devlin is a Penn State transfer and has been rated as high as a 2011 1st round draft pick. Very good & very deep stable of wideouts. RB's are all returning but young, OL has had a lot of problems establishing a run game.

Defense, the DB's are very strong, 3 guys who have started 3 or 4 yrs each. LB corps is pretty good, DL is thin.

UD normally plays pretty well at home & the 1st 30 minutes are a great barometer for the game. Under Keeler, it's about 90% true whoever is up at the half will win.

There's not a lot of respect for Gateway/Mo Valley teams around here as the last two times UD went to the finals it came at the expense of UNI & SIU. The 2007 UNI game was an incredible playoff game wit Joe Flacco. The games in '03 when UD was NC's were 2 blowouts, and they were both in Newark. Don't know what time they'll kickoff but UD would be smart to try to play in the afternoon vs the night. It's been downright hot here, mid-90's heat & high humidity past few days.
            You mean play at night vs. afternoon. Heat and humidity are not going to affect the Jacks coming out of a South Dakota August. Pretty far, don't know how many will make the trip, probably a couple hundred....maybe. We are all very interested in how this game will go....with no stick to measure anything by.

Long trip to Delaware, then home against Ill. St then down to Nebraska. Brutal!

Comment

Hate to say it, Bangor, but that doesn't bode well for Delaware. It could make their game plan really one-dimensional. SDSU looks to have another fearsome run defense this season.

Stig coaches a field position game, and prefers an attritional style of play--with scoring coming easier as the game wears on (suffice to say that this has -not- been universally appreciated). When there's been talent at both ends of the passing game, they've been willing to air it out, but they've never depended on it.

A McNeese fan on AGS summed up the Jacks thus: "They'll knock you down, help you up, and then knock you down again."

Comment

UD was kind of an enigma last year. Some games they played like gangbusters and coulda beat anyone in the country. Other games they just really struggled, everyone except Devlin really. He put up big #'s against Villanova & Navy, both on the road. Just bad coaching IMO.

Comment

Slow day at the office here's a little write up from the Newark paper on Delaware's schedule, outlook, etc.

http://www.newarkpostonline.com/arti...d063211000.txt

Comment

Another article
                    Delaware picked 5th in CAA
                    http://www.newarkpostonline.com/arti...a637573130.txt

Comment

Re: Count down

Hey there Rabbit Fans...Hens fan here goin crazy waiting on this game. I have no clue how this game will play out. If the Hens live up to the hype, it's gonna be a tough game, with a chance for a win, if not, we'll be 1 & 1 with a win over D II West Chester and a loss to the mighty Jack Rabbits.

The Hens website is back up, Gohens.net

Comment

Re: Count down

Originally posted by runHENrun View Post
                        Hey there Rabbit Fans...Hens fan here goin crazy waiting on this game. I have no clue how this game will play out. If the Hens live up to the hype, it's gonna be a tough game, with a chance for a win, if not, we'll be 1 & 1 with a win over D II West Chester and a loss to the mighty Jack Rabbits.

The Hens website is back up, Gohens.net
                        Jacks will be good- the Hens will be good- can't wait for the game. If the Jacks can get this win on the road they will be getting a great crowd vs Illinois State in their home opener!

Comment

Re: UD - Your Season Opener I

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                          TRU fan.

What kind of team is Delaware?
                          I am new to this site but have been a hen fan for 50 yrs. I have followed your team for the past 3 seasons and were really impressed by the team you had last year. Wish you had held on to beat the Griz. I am really looking forward to our game with you on 9/11. It should be a real tough close game.
                          We have fallen on tough times the past 2 seasons so are excited about our chances this year. It appears that we have depth at most positions for the first time in a while. The defensive line is the ? mark as I see it but if we can get some troops healthy and stay that way then we should be very competitive in 1AA.

Comment

"Hey CatRabbit - You'll be able to take advantage of the live video stream though. BlueHens.com streams all home games for free and it's synced up with the audio of the flagship radio station."

FYI for the game, for those of us stuck at home

Comment

Working...
                            X