Baseball All American

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball All American

Just saw where Trevor Vermeulen was named 3d team all american by the National Collegiate Baseball writers Association. That is truly outstanding and very much deserved. Congratulations to Trevor!

Re: Baseball All American

Did any other Summit League baseball players make it?

Better yet...do you have a link?

Go Jacks!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Here's the link to the article
      http://www.sportswriters.net/ncbwa/n...ica100616.html

Comment

I know this is the summertime and school is out of session but I hope the school athletic department picks this up and makes something of a big deal out of it. Trevor is the school's first baseball all american in the D1 era and this is quite an accomplishment. SDSU continues to take positive steps with the program and this is more proof that boys who grew up riding snowmobiles and knowing how to ice fish can play baseball at a very high level.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
          Did any other Summit League baseball players make it? NO

Better yet...do you have a link?

Go Jacks!!
          Great accomplishments for the Jacks this year. Hope Jacks stop the ORU string of titles at 13 next year.

Comment

From the Brookings Register:

http://www.brookingsregister.com/v2_...&story_id=8497

Vermeulen named NCBWA All-American

South Dakota State University relief pitcher Trever Vermeulen was named to the 2010 Pro-Line Athletic National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association All-America Team.

A third-team selection, Vermeulen posted a 9-1 record with a school-record 10 saves during the 2010 season. The Mitchell native led all Division I pitchers in earned run average for part of the season, finishing the campaign in fourth place with a 1.45 ERA in 35 appearances. The junior right-hander also struck out 62 batters and walked only 19 in 68 1/3 innings pitched.

Vermeulen was the lone Summit League player honored on the All-America squad. He is the first Jackrabbit to earn All-America recognition at the Division I level. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

Wow, this is an honor. The first to get recognition as an All American in baseball. Congradulations Trever.

Comment

Working...
              X