Another TV story on Jack pitching phenoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another TV story on Jack pitching phenoms

What an interesting team this turned out to be.

http://bit.ly/cWEzLw

Re: Another TV story on Jack pitching phenoms

Hopefully Treinen can convert himself from a "thrower" to a "pitcher" and have success at the professional level. With his ability, he certainly can be successful at the next level, and I think a Major League Ball Club will be willing to attempt to tap into that potential this year.

I would love to see him in a Jacks uniform next year, but I feel he's going to get an offer that he can't pass up in the pros.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

I see TV mentioned that we will be hosting the Summit League baseball tourney next spring. I wonder if we will use the facility in Brookings or SF.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        I see TV mentioned that we will be hosting the Summit League baseball tourney next spring. I wonder if we will use the facility in Brookings or SF.
        It's gotta be SF...doesn't it? No possible way the Erv would work in my opinion. SF has a beautiful stadium, and quite frankly we'd probably draw more fans if it were in SF since nobody would be on campus anyways. Probably depends on the Pheasants and how flexible that league is with their scheduling...and of course the $$ issue.

Side note: Aluminum bats + SF Stadium = pitchers worst nightmare....seriously, it's like 310 down the lines...
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

The athletic department is working hard to put things into place so that the Erv would be able to host the tourney. Justin Sell feels that we should be able to fund some major upgrades to the field after the season the Jacks just had. If those upgrades don't come to fruition then Sioux Falls Stadium would be the second choice. As far as Sioux Falls Stadium being short down the lines, that is definitely true but I believe the wall is also about 12 ft. which somewhat offsets that problem.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
            Side note: Aluminum bats + SF Stadium = pitchers worst nightmare....seriously, it's like 310 down the lines...
            I watched the SD High School Baseball "A" Championships games on Midco a couple of weeks ago and I was amazed how many home runs there were hit between all of the teams.

Comment

I think it is really important to upgrade the Erv, not just to host the tourney, but to help improve the program. To build a Div 1 program long term you need to have better facilities and keep your good coaches, and I'd like to see Ritchie around for quite awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by NWrabbitdad View Post
                I think it is really important to upgrade the Erv, not just to host the tourney, but to help improve the program. To build a Div 1 program long term you need to have better facilities and keep your good coaches, and I'd like to see Ritchie around for quite awhile.
                And it's a project that could probably be done for less than a million, going by what SEBA is doing at Harmodon for $500k.

Frankly, it's probably the cheapest way to get your name on something on campus. "_____ Stadium at Erv Heuther Field"

Comment

Zooropa Stadium at Erv Heuther Field.....has a nice ring to it.

Comment

Originally posted by NWrabbitdad View Post
                    It is important that we have upgrades to the Erv. I seen that someone is putting up some fencing around the west and north side of the field by the road. But, I don't think we will see anything significant until we can afford to upgrade both softball and baseball facilities. Can you imagine how disappointed the softball players and coach's would be if upgrades were made to only the baseball facility? Or visa versa. Lets do it right when we do - do it. I am hearing seats, bathrooms etc are a couple of years out yet.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                      It is important that we have upgrades to the Erv. I seen that someone is putting up some fencing around the west and north side of the field by the road. But, I don't think we will see anything significant until we can afford to upgrade both softball and baseball facilities. Can you imagine how disappointed the softball players and coach's would be if upgrades were made to only the baseball facility? Or visa versa. Lets do it right when we do - do it. I am hearing seats, bathrooms etc are a couple of years out yet.

GBGBGJ
                      I also noticed that the fencing was going up. It certainly appears that South Dakota State is making a commitment to baseball, which is well-deserved.
                      Many fans may not realize how close we are to being fully funded. We are at 9.1 scholarships of the 11.7 allowed for Div I baseball programs. (Yes, that includes all of Div I-Florida, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Miami, Texas.....all of them!)

Back to the thread topic, great story on Caleb. Good luck to him!
                      Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Can you imagine how disappointed the guys were when they discovered that the girls flew to Louisiana the same weekend the guys had to take the bus? We are eligible to host the tourney next year. I'd say that pushes the baseball field to the front burner. Sorry.
                        Originally posted by Chains View Post

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
                          Can you imagine how disappointed the guys were when they discovered that the girls flew to Louisiana the same weekend the guys had to take the bus? We are eligible to host the tourney next year. I'd say that pushes the baseball field to the front burner. Sorry.
                          Yeah. I really don't think that figures into it.

I would venture to guess that the playing surfaces are as good for the softball team as for the baseball team, and I think that's more important for the players. If the girls were playing on a field full of divots, pea-gravel and busted beer bottles, you might hear some griping...

Comment

Working...
                          X