Top Five

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Five

If there are any U fans thinking that they are even with SDSU right now I would like to point out this article:

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...15/1002/sports

Like how one of the top five moments last year for the U was renewing the rivalry with SDSU in women's basketball. Pretty sure that wouldn't have been in SDSU's top 10!

Oh yeah, going 5-5 in football with some agonizing FCS lossess made me chuckle as well.

Re: Top Five

From a Udot fan perspective:

Yeah, but you hicks choked against Montana in the football playoffs! We were 5-5 and came oh-so-close in several of our losses. hur, hur, hur
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      If there are any U fans thinking that they are even with SDSU right now I would like to point out this article:

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...15/1002/sports

Like how one of the top five moments last year for the U was renewing the rivalry with SDSU in women's basketball. Pretty sure that wouldn't have been in SDSU's top 10!

Oh yeah, going 5-5 in football with some agonizing FCS lossess made me chuckle as well.

I respectfully disagree. I think renewing the rivalry was Top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        I respectfully disagree. I think renewing the rivalry was Top 10.
        If so, about 10th. Many really great accomplishments have been achieved by SDSU athletes this year. Between baseball and track & field, may not be completed yet.

Hope the Jacks continue breaking ORU's death grip on Summit League baseball. If Jacks win the tourney, we may be given a shot to host the tourney next year. Getting it out of ORU's home field would really be a boost toward equality in the Summit baseball.

Comment

I was at a Pheasant's game last night and SF Stadium would be almost perfect for this tournament. That is a great "small" stadium, that I believe would get a lot of support from SF.

The only wildcard would be the weather, but usually the end of May is decent, but usually a chance of rain and the wind is always a factor.

Edit: My post may get the award for most drift of the year, especially considering this thread is in the smack section...I haven't posted in awhile, and obviously it shows!
          I wonder if USD will ever throw a bid in for the Summit League Baseball Tournament???there, back on track.

Go Jacks!!
          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
            I was at a Pheasant's game last night and SF Stadium would be almost perfect for this tournament. That is a great "small" stadium, that I believe would get a lot of support from SF.

The only wildcard would be the weather, but usually the end of May is decent, but usually a chance of rain and the wind is always a factor.

Edit: My post may get the award for most drift of the year, especially considering this thread is in the smack section...I haven't posted in awhile, and obviously it shows!
            I wonder if USD will ever throw a bid in for the Summit League Baseball Tournament???there, back on track.

Go Jacks!!
            Don't the Yotes play all their ball games in the dome?

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
              Don't the Yotes play all their ball games in the dome?
              No they play them at Vermillion High School.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                If so, about 10th. Many really great accomplishments have been achieved by SDSU athletes this year. Between baseball and track & field, may not be completed yet.

Hope the Jacks continue breaking ORU's death grip on Summit League baseball. If Jacks win the tourney, we may be given a shot to host the tourney next year. Getting it out of ORU's home field would really be a boost toward equality in the Summit baseball.
                I think you've already got first dibs. I think it's the regular season champ that gets the first option to host the following tourney(new rule - this will be the first year the champions get the chance). Although I do hope SDSU seriously considers using Sioux Falls as the site. I totally understand why your facility is in the shape it is(new field - amenities fleshed out as funds become available), but I question whether it's ready to handle a conference tourney, especially when there's a nice park just down the road in SF.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
                  I think you've already got first dibs. I think it's the regular season champ that gets the first option to host the following tourney(new rule - this will be the first year the champions get the chance). Although I do hope SDSU seriously considers using Sioux Falls as the site. I totally understand why your facility is in the shape it is(new field - amenities fleshed out as funds become available), but I question whether it's ready to handle a conference tourney, especially when there's a nice park just down the road in SF.
                  Yes, holding at Sioux Falls rather than the Erv would make for a pleasant experience, and may bring out a good sized, SDSU cheering fan base. The Erv is NOT ready to be a host BB diamond.

The key is to get it out of Tulsa. Immensely levels the field.

Comment

I thought the yotes played baseball at Riverside Park in Yankton and had their outdoor trackmeets at Yankton High School.

(yea I know the yotes don't play baseball)

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                      I thought the yotes played baseball at Riverside Park in Yankton and had their outdoor trackmeets at Yankton High School.

Hey give the U credit, they play hockey in Yankton, too

Comment

Who is preoccupied with whom? USD this, USD that..........sounds like alot of admiration for USD (that's a good thing)
                        Last edited by yoteforever; 05-26-2010, 11:03 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                          Who is preoccupied with whom? USD this, USD that..........sounds like alot of admiration for USD (that's a good thing)
                          Being admired in a smack thread, that seems about right.
                          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post

Your right, I admire the U because without the U, Vermillion would be smaller than Meckling.

Comment

Your right, I admire the U because without the U, Vermillion would be smaller than Meckling.
                              Ha ha ha. That's a good one.

Comment

Working...
                              X