Roethlisberger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roethlisberger

This piece on the idiotstick quarterback of the Steelers is some serious insight into the entitelement ethos of some pro athletes. Roethlisberger, surrounded by enablers, including cops and off-duty police. What kind of police officer - what kind of man of any vocation - has a sign in his driveway that says "pimps park here, ho's in back?"
    It's going to be a long way back for Big Ben. After reading this I am convinced more than ever that a six-game suspension was not nearly enough.
    http://bit.ly/dqYz1t

Re: Roethlisberger

I'm not the sort of person who usually says these sort of things, and am usually offended when other people do, but:

Does anyone else get the feeling that if Ben were black with dreadlocks he would be out for the season?
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
      Does anyone else get the feeling that if Ben were black with dreadlocks he would be out for the season?
      Not if he was a two time Super Bowl winner he wouldn't. Now if Big Ben hadn't won those SB's he may be out for the year. All I know is he is an idiot.

Comment

I'm going to say no since Michael Vick got the same suspension after he came back from jail after being convicted of financing a dog fighting ring.

Now I know people are going to try to draw a comparison between dog fighting and rape, but the fact remains that Vick was convicted of funding the dog fighting (not just participating) while Roethlisberger, agree with it or not, was never even charged with the rape. Once again I'm not condoning the actions of Ben nor do I saying he is completely innocent of the crime, but he still never legally was proven to have committed the crime, and that is all Commissioner Goodell has to go off of.
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
          I'm going to say no since Michael Vick got the same suspension after he came back from jail after being convicted of financing a dog fighting ring.

Now I know people are going to try to draw a comparison between dog fighting and rape, but the fact remains that Vick was convicted of funding the dog fighting (not just participating) while Roethlisberger, agree with it or not, was never even charged with the rape. Once again I'm not condoning the actions of Ben nor do I saying he is completely innocent of the crime, but he still never legally was proven to have committed the crime, and that is all Commissioner Goodell has to go off of.
          Michael Vick's suspension likely took into consideration time served, aka his time in prison.

How about Pacman Jones, who received a 1 year suspension for his misdemeanor guilty plea in Las Vegas?

BitsTD is probably right, this leniency likely has more to do with star power than skin color. Although from the sounds of the article, Ben doesn't have the star power he once did.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I'm not the sort of person who usually says these sort of things, and am usually offended when other people do, but:

I tend to disagree, but it wouldn't shock me.

Off topic: I read something on the web that a bunch of people were ordering the customized Steelers #7 jerseys from NFL.com and putting "THERAPIST" on the back.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
              I tend to disagree, but it wouldn't shock me.

Off topic: I read something on the web that a bunch of people were ordering the customized Steelers #7 jerseys from NFL.com and putting "THERAPIST" on the back.
              Was it Sean Connery ordering those?
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                Was it Sean Connery ordering those?
                Nice pull! I still watch those clips on Hulu all the time. Golden era of SNL.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Ryan Leaf had some big time sense of entitlement when he went to the Chargers. Stopped in Las Vegas the night he got drafted and got drunk and partied all night and then showed up at the Chargers offices the next day hungover to sign his contracts and meet the press. He was injured during one season, said he couldn't play that Sunday and instead was seen in Ocean Beach playing touch football, throwing deep routes when the Chargers were getting beat just ten miles down the road. He was always messing up, but the Chargers kept bailing him out of the situations. Now he sits in jail in Texas.

Comment

Working...
                  X