Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Game Coverage from Lincoln Journal Star

Steven M. Sipple: S. Dakota State confident despite being FCS school

In the realm of college football, that’s where Nebraska and South Dakota State line up — worlds apart.

A week after Nebraska drew 77,936 spectators for its annual Red-White Spring Game, South Dakota State on a damp and windswept Saturday drew about 250 for its spring game. Many of those folks drove into the stadium’s main parking lot via gravel/dirt access roads soaked to mush by morning rain. Mud was caked on cars. Upon arrival, I wiped a small pool of standing water from my chair inside the press box at 15,000-seat Coughlin-Alumni Stadium before watching the defense dominate the day.

More ...
    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Re: Spring Game Coverage from Lincoln Journal Star

Well Steven M. Sipple can only tell it like it is. We got a facility problem, no question about that, but I admire the comments given by our players. They sound ready to play, like yesterday. So lets go get the Huskers. Surprised that they are playing Western Kentucky who was 0-10? I guess moving to FBS was not a good move based on last seasons's results.

Comment

At Nebraska you park in the dirt, off gravel access roads when you go to the BASKETBALL games.

Comment

In all candor, how did the team look Saturday? I haven't read alot about strengths and weaknesses or who looked good.

I was at USD's game Friday night and would have to say there is alot of work to be done on both sides of the ball, but also would say that both sides of the balls had encouraging moments. I do believe our defense will be much better and Coach Morrell has alot to do woth that.

Without turning into smack or hate on USD, would someone summarize your spring game? I am assuming the weather was not good.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
          In all candor, how did the team look Saturday? I haven't read alot about strengths and weaknesses or who looked good.

I was at USD's game Friday night and would have to say there is alot of work to be done on both sides of the ball, but also would say that both sides of the balls had encouraging moments. I do believe our defense will be much better and Coach Morrell has alot to do woth that.

Without turning into smack or hate on USD, would someone summarize your spring game? I am assuming the weather was not good.
          I wasnt at the game, but it seems by the lopsided score, our defense will be our strong point this coming year, however with new QB's and new qb coach, I would tend to think they used Saturday's game to try a number of plays and set out.

Comment

At first glance I thought this writer was going to be an arrogant douche, but that was a pretty darned good article if you ask me. Did a good job of conveying the attitude of the team. Don't back down to anybody, always expect to win. They put their pants on the same way we do every morning, only differences are that after they do they play in front of 70000 plus fans, and we piss excellence
            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
              we piss excellence
              I have never heard this expression before, but I feel obligated to try and slip it into future conversations...
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

This guy is such a liar...we only have a seating capacity of 10000 Seriously though a real nice article, I thought. The players really didn't back down(I think they should have a little "Oh wow, it's like such an honor to play the "Big Red", I hope I get some autographs" then whammo!!!!!! But I figure they'll be pretty overconfident any ways.)
                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                  I have never heard this expression before, but I feel obligated to try and slip it into future conversations...
                  I Thought we bled AWESOME and Sweat KICK ASS on most days. but yeah Pissing Excellence will happen if you drink too much liquid.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                    ......but also would say that both sides of the balls had encouraging moments.......
                    Where exactly were you sitting?

Couldn't help myself. Back to the post: Sounds like either our offense has a lot of work to do, or the defense is reeeeally good. From some friends of mine, sounds like both are true. Offense always lags behind a little and with a new coach comes some change-up. Very happy about the defense.
                    “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Gameday View Post
                      Where exactly were you sitting?
                      Somewhere in Vermillion, as indicated by his nickname....

Comment

[QUOTE=Gameday;152928]Where exactly were you sitting? QUOTE]

OK, this made me spit out my beer when I read it...and it is damn good beer too (Yuengling).

Comment

[QUOTE=RabbitinTea;153199]
                          Originally posted by Gameday View Post
                          Where exactly were you sitting? QUOTE]

OK, this made me spit out my beer when I read it...and it is damn good beer too (Yuengling).

And where did you buy said beer I need some of that brand!

Comment

[QUOTE=slosho;153212]
                            Originally posted by RabbitinTea View Post

And where did you buy said beer I need some of that brand!
                            Yuengling is a very popular beer in Pittsburgh, havent seen it out this way yet

Comment

[QUOTE=ausbesticide;153219]
                              Originally posted by slosho View Post

Yuengling is a very popular beer in Pittsburgh, havent seen it out this way yet
                              I'm aware of this and was looking for an avenue to purchase some.. much like FAT Tire until recently

Sorry to all for the the drift.. Anybody with knowledge to share on this can PM me.

Comment

Working...
                              X