Coughlin rough drafts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coughlin rough drafts

I've been checking the design firms website every so often to see if they would put up their work... Well they did... I wasn't sure about putting these here being SDSU hasn't released them with color yet, but then Crawford should of waited longer to put this up. I still can't wait to see the finished full color ones. I'm not trying to start this discussion again but, [fingers crossed] I've got one ticket for the $252 million Powerball for tomorrow night. [/fingers crossed]

I'm hoping that's a video board hanging off the field-house, about the size of the Dykhouse.
    and the master plan

EDIT: THEY HAVE BEEN REMOVED FROM THE WEBSITE... 4/29
    Last edited by SDSU_TUBA; 04-29-2010, 08:15 PM.
    Go State! Go State!

Re: Coughlin rough drafts

Nice find TUBA! Looks beautiful.

I do have a question about the pictures though:

Are the stands in the rendering of the 23,000 capacity version or is it the expanded version of 40,000? Not sure if you know, but figured I'd ask it anyways.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
      Nice find TUBA! Looks beautiful.

I do have a question about the pictures though:

Are the stands in the rendering of the 23,000 capacity version or is it the expanded version of 40,000? Not sure if you know, but figured I'd ask it anyways.
      I was going to ask that same question.. anyone know??
      Go State! Go State!

Comment

Nice find Tuba!

Comment

Thnks for posting that.

It seems a little big. And what is the building behind the Dykhouse? A hangar for 747's? That is enormous. And the video board? That's pretty unrealisitc. Thing would rival the video board in Texas Stadium. Not knocking you or the design firm or anyone, just saying that it all looks a little unrealistic right now.

Comment

The building behind the Dykhouse is a practice facility? I can maybe see that down the road sometime I guess. And yes, I think this rendering is 40k, not 23k given the upper level on the visitors side. Take that off and take down the indoor practice facility and video board and it looks pretty good.

Comment

This is perfect timing for the renderings to come out though, as the Dykhouse Center Grand Opening is this weekend during the spring game, and there will probably be a fair amount of boosters there.

Build it, and they will come... errr... show them pictures of it, and they'll pay for it
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                This is perfect timing for the renderings to come out though, as the Dykhouse Center Grand Opening is this weekend during the spring game, and there will probably be a fair amount of boosters there.

Build it, and they will come... errr... show them pictures of it, and they'll pay for it
                That is exactly what I was thinking and may be why the black and white pics are out on the web site. Full color versions at grand opening would be a nice touch and build on the momentum from opening of that facility.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

The space for the scoreboard shown wouldn't be all video.

It would likely have a Id Panel on top saying something like COUGHLIN-ALUMNI FIELD or SOUTH DAKOTA STATE UNIVERSITY. And than it would have scoreboard components and Big Sponsor panels.

That would be my guess anyways.

The drawings look awesome, now we just need to find the money.

Comment

300-meter track in the big fieldhouse north of Dykhouse.

Comment

Excellent find. If all that came to be over time, there would be just one question: Where would we tailgate?
                      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                        Excellent find. If all that came to be over time, there would be just one question: Where would we tailgate?
                        That was my first thought too and then I figured heck with a stadium like that who needs tailgating that close. I like what i see.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I was thinking more and how awesome would it be too have the indoor facility look built into the Dykhouse. Build it so its look and style fit with the stadium and build it almost flush to the grandstands. that would be sweet, atleast how I see it in my head. If only I were uber rich.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I've been told that the tailgating will be moved to the hard surface parking lots in the areas around the stadium in the near future.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
                              The building behind the Dykhouse is a practice facility? I can maybe see that down the road sometime I guess. ...
                              The need for a fieldhouse has been discussed for quite some time. I believe it would be a practice facility for all outdoor sports, not just for football, and it's much needed now. Athletes such as baseball and softball players need a place to practice that's not covered with snow or mud for most of the school year.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                              X