• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oakland Series

Games can be followed on
    http://www.ougrizzlies.com/gametrack...&startschool=&

In the top of the 8th Jacks 11 Oakland 2
    Out hitting Oakland 19 to 2
    Last edited by GoJacks; 04-16-2010, 04:00 PM.
    We...ARE...STATE!
    SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Re: Oakland Series

Originally posted by GoJacks View Post
    Games can be followed on
    http://www.ougrizzlies.com/gametrack...&startschool=&

In the top of the 8th Jacks 11 Oakland 12
    Out hitting Oakland 19 to 2
    Thanks for posting!

Comment

Something's out of whack, 'cause I just checked, and it's showing Jacks up 13-2 heading to the bottom of the 8th. Jacks outhitting Oak. 20-2. I thought I just saw something from TV about a 10-run rule in effect in the Summit?
      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Looks like it's gone final in 8. Jacks win 13-2. Must have to play bottom half of inning if home team is down by 10 or more to finish off the 10-run rule. Sam Pieczynski gets the win.
        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
        --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
          Looks like it's gone final in 8. Jacks win 13-2. Must have to play bottom half of inning if home team is down by 10 or more to finish off the 10-run rule. Sam Pieczynski gets the win.

I don't think there is a mercy rule in D1 baseball. You play all 9 innings regardless of the score! Maybe I am wrong? I think you play the game.

Jacks gave up the 2 runs in the first on a home run than shut the Grizz down for the balance of the game.

Keep moving forward gentlemen.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
            I don't think there is a mercy rule in D1 baseball. You play all 9 innings regardless of the score! Maybe I am wrong? I think you play the game.

Jacks gave up the 2 runs in the first on a home run than shut the Grizz down for the balance of the game.

Keep moving forward gentlemen.

GBGBGJ
            Uncle! It did only go 8 innings. I thought that in D1 games played the entire 9 innings regardless of the score?

Every Jackrabbit had at least 1 hit in the game. Sawyer had one hit and the balance of the lineup at 2 or 3 hits each. Cain being the leader again. Looking for his third (?) player of the week honors. He had 3 hits against the not so golden Gophers and a big day vs Oakland.

Saturday - its a good day to play two gentlemen.

GBGBGJ

Comment

New rule beginning this year in the Summit League, 10 run lead after 7 innings and the game is over.
              Last edited by 76Rabbit; 04-16-2010, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Jacks are the only unbeaten team in Summit League Conference games. ORU lost to SUU by giving up a walk with the bases loaded to give SUU the win in the bottom of the eight.

Comment

Maybe we should consider the Jacks as the favorites to win the Summit this year....just a nice thought.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                    Maybe we should consider the Jacks as the favorites to win the Summit this year....just a nice thought.
                    Well, it is certainly not out of the question! Getting home stands against both ORU and Centenary will be helpful. We gave ORU a pretty good go in the tournament at Tulsa last year, and I'm looking forward to the trip again this year. Can't wait to get to see them in a strong May home schedule!

Comment

Jacks first game lead 11 to 1 in the third. Jacks 11 runs on 11 hits one error OU 1 run on 1 hit one error

Comment

Hmm.

I thought Oakland had a baseball program.

I guess not.

Comment

botton fifth Jacks 11 OU 2 Still 11 runs on 11 hits 1 error for the Jacks and 2 runs on three hits and one error for OU

Comment

top of seven Jacks 13 -2 cold rainy and snowy day

Comment

Hayden Fox is pitching for the Griz, I thought he coached the Minnesota State Screaming Eagles.

Oh yea Bottom of 7, SDSU 13 - OU 3

Comment

Working...
                              X