X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UND @ SDSU Nov 20

UND will play SDSU on Nov 20 here's TV's article

http://beta.argusleader.com/article/...ATES/100416015
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Re: UND @ SDSU Nov 20

Nice. Glad they got UND instead of some no name to fill a date.

Comment

So, how long before the northern rivalry spills onto this board? I'm betting a week. Any takers?
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
        So, how long before the northern rivalry spills onto this board? I'm betting a week. Any takers?
        oooh....I'll take the under
        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Ya know, since they are from UND, does that make the people that go there Undies? just a joke just a joke

Comment

Am glad UND scheduled a game with SDSU. We've been sterling competitors in numerous sports through the years, a healthy rivalry with much give and take, some exciting games and a storied history. In retrospect, perhaps the whole old NCC should have moved up to D-I together. Yet, there wasn't a consensus at the time. Hindsight is 20-20. Nevertheless, looking forward to resuming the football rivalry between two excellent academic and athletic institutions. The Jacks have been and continue to be a most worthy opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by mizzou/sioux View Post
              Am glad UND scheduled a game with SDSU. We've been sterling competitors in numerous sports through the years, a healthy rivalry with much give and take, some exciting games and a storied history. In retrospect, perhaps the whole old NCC should have moved up to D-I together. Yet, there wasn't a consensus at the time. Hindsight is 20-20. Nevertheless, looking forward to resuming the football rivalry between two excellent academic and athletic institutions. The Jacks have been and continue to be a most worthy opponent.
              Nice post. Almost too nice...hmm....
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Kick their butt....absolutely no mercy!

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                  oooh....I'll take the under
                  good call

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                    I'm a little late on this, but there is no way a line gets put on a sure thing.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

This is actually a good get since we could not land a current D1 team to come to Brookings.

Its a one for one which I know is not what SDSU wanted but we were backed into a corner.

Should generate some interest from a bunch of local fans.

GBGBGJ

Comment

This game was really the best case scenario after a couple other offers fell through, so I can't really be upset about signing a home and home. We needed another home game this season and we didn't want to hurt our playoff chances by buying a DII game, so UND was the best option even though we have to make a return trip to Grand Forks in a future season. It should generate some addition interest due to it being a regional rivalry, so overall the deal was good, just not great (i.e. 2 for 1).

Hats off to UND athletic administration for playing their cards right and getting the deal they wanted.
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

For some reason, I thought USF had gotten a 2 away for 1 home with the Sioux - but they're not on the Sioux's schedule next year. (They are on 11-12 schedule, in Grand Forks, though)

Could you imagine if UND would have had to play 3 games in South Dakota next year? I'm not a huge fan of the Nov 20th slot - that might favor the Sioux (if they send their hockey team, I guess).

Am I going to get in trouble for referring to them as the Sioux?

Comment

UND's AD says it'll cost SDSU $100,000 to buy out the 2013 game... not that anybody has indicated that we would.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I have no issue with SDSU holding out until the end for the Sept opener game. Would have been a nice warm up for the Delaware road game. Not to mention a decent turnout. UND "may" draw more fans, but that is a very late game. I know we will play the other UXD soon, but glad we didn't have them right after the NDSU game right before the playoffs due to the extra hype and distraction.

Comment

Working...
                              X