Lets Speculate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets Speculate

I know the mantra of the team, coaches, and our board. 1-0 every week. I know. But darn it, its the stinking off season, I'm kinda tired of reading about recruits and jus talking to about the Nebraska game. What games do we NEED to win, which ones do you think we'll win, and what do you guess our record is at the end of the year? YES, I know its still spring ball, and you can wait till after thats over to judge how we are going to be. But lets get some gab going on this board about next year and our opponents, other than the FBS ones. Because, face it, Nebraska is not going to be the only game we have thats crucially important.

Heres what I think we need to do next year to make the playoffs. Don't get me wrong, I believe we can win every game, but with this schedule, I think any team in the land would struggle to go undefeated with this one boys. So, with that in mind, and the schedule as far as I know:

@Delaware W/L
    Ill. St W
    @Nebraska L
    @UNI L
    Western Ill. W
    @SIU W
    YSU W
    @Ind St. W
    MSU W
    @NDSU W

This is what I think the team this year is capable of. I don't have any idea how the UD game is going to turn out but I would lean towards a loss, with it being the first game (as of now), the extreme distance, and their homefield will be rocking for this one. I definately believe we have the talent to beat them down, but its going to be as tough as the game that shall not be mentioned from the playoffs last year.

Ill St will be a tough as nails opponent this year I believe, but I know we pull this out at home for the opener. We better have a big ole showing from the fans at this one.

I know we will put on a great showing at Nebraska, but with it only being TOB's second year, and losing a lot of key guys from the line, I don't think we quite pull it off. We will definately open some eyes though for sure!

@UNI I just always have a bad feeling about at their place. We always play bad there, and after a tough three game stretch ending with Nebraska, I think we will also be more banged up than they will be, with them only having to face Iowa St. for their FBS game. I think we have a down game here and don't pull it off.

WIU, our easy game, if there is such a think in the MVFC this year. We should be able to pound them unless they somehow pull off a remarkable regrouping effort from last year under a new coach.

@SIU, this is the year we take down the hound doggies, with them coming off a tough stretch ending with UNI before us. We were so close the last time we played there, and I think this year we will be by far the most battle hardend team in the MVFC by this time, and really punch them in the mouth. Big W here.

YSU at home, man we need this win. They will be a good team this year I think, and I mean good, good enough to challenge for the top 3 spots. But we are animals at home, and should have a rocking crowd at home for this one. We pull this one off in a tough game.

@ Ind. St, one of the easiest places to play of late, but I think this years team will be much more of a challenge, and more of a trap than every before, but with our staff I doubt we let them trip us up. Easy W relatively speaking.

MSU at home. This will be yet another improved team in the MVFC, but yet again, its OUR HOUSE, and we rarely lose at our house. Especially when we need to win. Win this one, we are in the playoffs with how I think we do in the games prior to this one.

@NDSU I refuse to believe they will beat us, ever, no matter how good they are because, darnit, they are our rivals, and you DO NOT lose to your rivals. 4 in a row babay! The best and tastiest W of the year

If we finish with this record, we should be in discussion for a seed, especially if our attendance is good. Boom goes the dynamite.

And that is how I feel we do this year, based off of our current schedule. Agree or not, if you want to tear it apart, show your reasons. Lets get some discussion on here!

GO JACKS.
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Re: Lets Speculate

I will call it now. NDSU takes down the Bunnies in the dome. No way you guys get 4 in a row on us. I think we'll be an improved team. If we do lose a game at home this season it will be to SIU.

Comment

@Delaware W
      Ill. St W
      @Nebraska W
      @UNI W
      Western Ill. W
      @SIU W
      YSU W
      @Ind St. W
      MSU W
      @NDSU W

I think we all know where I stand, the Rabbits will win every time they hit the field. Until the other team proves otherwise (after all they do get a vote). Be a fan dammit!
      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by ndsubison1 View Post
        I will call it now. NDSU takes down the Bunnies in the dome. No way you guys get 4 in a row on us. I think we'll be an improved team. If we do lose a game at home this season it will be to SIU.
        Nah, you'll take SIU. The Jacks, however, will give ya a thumping Not with TOB with a year under his belt to open up the offense and the Minnetour back

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
          @Delaware W
          Ill. St W
          @Nebraska W
          @UNI W
          Western Ill. W
          @SIU W
          YSU W
          @Ind St. W
          MSU W
          @NDSU W

I think we all know where I stand, the Rabbits will win every time they hit the field. Until the other team proves otherwise (after all they do get a vote). Be a fan dammit!
          Hey I did that as objectively as I could. On the inside, I know we'll win every game, just didn't want to start sounding like our neighbors to the north

Comment

Two things about the original showing:

1. I think the Nebraska game is going to be really tough. I have no doubt the Jacks will play hard and our defense may hold their offense in check. My concern is with their defense. Yeah, they lose Suh but there is a lot of chatter in Lincoln that the defense overall is going to be better. Going to be tough to put points up on the Huskers and probably more importantly it is going to be tough to keep our offense on the field so the defense can rest. Nothing would please me more than to be proven wrong!

2. The trip to Fargo is going to be another W for the Jacks. The Jacks have no fear of the Bison anymore whether at home or away. As a matter of fact, I think all of the pressure is on the Bison to get it done at home. Can you imagine how restless the Bison fans would be after a fourth straight loss to us little ol' wabbits. Never thought I'd see the day and now I don't see it changing. Pretty cool!

Going to be another great year on the gridiron!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
              Hey I did that as objectively as I could. On the inside, I know we'll win every game, just didn't want to start sounding like our neighbors to the north
              I hate to say it, and I don't want to stray from the thread too much: But we need to start acting like our neighbors to the North, and the Montanas, and the UNI's and Richmonds and App States. The fans need to have that swagger, just like the team. We need to get off our arses and cheer at our sporting events, when we are down, not after we are securely up! We need to wear our blue with pride and downtalk some of the negativity and quit asking "what are our chances", we need to start asking "what are our opponents chances!"
              Our team has improved every year. They say the recruits have been better every year. So why think we will do worse or equal to last year?
              So like I said until the Timeclock rolls to zeroes and the score proves me wrong: I choose the Jacks to win every game no matter the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                I hate to say it, and I don't want to stray from the thread too much: But we need to start acting like our neighbors to the North, and the Montanas, and the UNI's and Richmonds and App States. The fans need to have that swagger, just like the team. We need to get off our arses and cheer at our sporting events, when we are down, not after we are securely up! We need to wear our blue with pride and downtalk some of the negativity and quit asking "what are our chances", we need to start asking "what are our opponents chances!"
                Our team has improved every year. They say the recruits have been better every year. So why think we will do worse or equal to last year?
                So like I said until the Timeclock rolls to zeroes and the score proves me wrong: I choose the Jacks to win every game no matter the sport.
                I feel that it is very possible to look at a team's chances realistically and objectively and still cheer as hard as possible and still want to win every game. I don't see a problem with that as all.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                  I feel that it is very possible to look at a team's chances realistically and objectively and still cheer as hard as possible and still want to win every game. I don't see a problem with that as all.
                  I see what you are saying...but I'm not going to do it.

Comment

With the new game being added I would like to add to my prognastications. UND at home. We win this one. Because I say so.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                      Two things about the original showing:

1. I think the Nebraska game is going to be really tough. I have no doubt the Jacks will play hard and our defense may hold their offense in check. My concern is with their defense. Yeah, they lose Suh but there is a lot of chatter in Lincoln that the defense overall is going to be better. Going to be tough to put points up on the Huskers and probably more importantly it is going to be tough to keep our offense on the field so the defense can rest. Nothing would please me more than to be proven wrong!

2. The trip to Fargo is going to be another W for the Jacks. The Jacks have no fear of the Bison anymore whether at home or away. As a matter of fact, I think all of the pressure is on the Bison to get it done at home. Can you imagine how restless the Bison fans would be after a fourth straight loss to us little ol' wabbits. Never thought I'd see the day and now I don't see it changing. Pretty cool!

Going to be another great year on the gridiron!

SUPERBUNNY
                      Nebraska game will be extremely tough. They really started to run the ball well at the end of last season. They will be bigger and stronger than the Gophs were last year. Last year's Nebraska's team beats the Gophs by 20-30 last year in my opinion. I think we will have a hard time moving the ball on O, but will have decent success stopping them on D depending on how the new LB's look. Plus, the Huskers will have the benefit of seeing us outplay the Gophs last year and will have coaches yell at them all week "not in our house are we going to let that s**t happen".
                      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Hey - this just dawned on me.

Last year the Sioux-sies were pumped to start the year because they 'played with' Texas Tech for most of the game. The same Texas Tech team went into Lincoln and laid one on the Huskers......hm..hmmm......?

Comment

Bump-Anyone wanna speculate on how you think the conf shakes out?

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                            Bump-Anyone wanna speculate on how you think the conf shakes out?
                            My take:

1. Southern Illinois
                            2. SDSU
                            3. Illinois St
                            4. Missouri St
                            5. UNI
                            6. NDSU
                            7. Youngstown St
                            8. Indiana St
                            9. Western Illinois

SIU & SDSU into the playoffs - Ill St on the bubble

Comment

Originally posted by ndsubison1 View Post
                              I would bet everything I own that you never would imagine you'd drop 3 in a row to us. So what's one more . Just goofing. I could see anything happen uo in Fargo.

Comment

Working...
                              X