Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    Like Zoo said, we run a 4-3 and our blitzing schemes vary based on personnel. Last year we had some exotic zone blitz schemes when we had 2 defensive ends who had the ability to do some pass coverage, but when one of them went down for a few games due to injury we did a lot less zone blitzing due to the other end not being able to cover the base as well. We loss one of our ends (Danny Batten) to graduation and you will hear his name called in the middle rounds of the draft, so there is a little bit of unknown there in terms of personnel on the D-Line.

P.S. I am happy to see that Ndamukong Suh graduated!
    oh man did you see that clip from sports science? that was just amazing. suh was special, but it took the current staff to get him there.
    Last edited by vuren; 04-14-2010, 12:29 AM.

Re: Greetings

Originally posted by vuren View Post
    Hi, i'm a husker fan, that lives in lincoln, and quite honestly i know nothing about the jack rabbis, would you care to talk about the offense and defense you guys run, and who all the big play makers are?
    Well, first of all, they're Jackrabbits (you know, like how it's 'Cornhuskers' and not 'Corn Huskers').

Apart from that, they play a very disciplined game. They run a pro-style offense and an overall ball-control strategy that emphasizes limiting yards per play on defense over turnover production. Both units are built from the lines out. It's occasionally boring, and generally effective. They platoon a lot, with the goal of having fresh legs late in the game.

The best description of how the Jacks play came from a McNeese State fan who said, "They'll knock you down, help you up, and then knock you down again."

Comment

Hi, i'm a husker fan, that lives in lincoln, and quite honestly i know nothing about the jack rabbis, would you care to talk about the offense and defense you guys run, and who all the big play makers are?

Jack the Rabbi from South Dakota vs the Nebraska Cornhuskers.

This one could be a battle.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
        Jack the Rabbi from South Dakota vs the Nebraska Cornhuskers.

This one could be a battle.
        Never knew our mascot was a Jewish religious leader? Who says you don't learn something new everyday.
        Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Jack Rabbis are a fun-loving bunch. Before games we might gather a minyan (following on the football huddle theme) for a pre-game briss (following on the pain and sacrifice in football theme), then have a hearty kosher tailgate of ganoush, blintzes, knishes, stuffed cabbage, etc.(following on the stuff-yourself-before-the-game theme)....

Our team is not chopped liver, either. We'll give you Huckers a good game.

Comment

It is NOT however true that our fight song is Hava Nagila . . .

Although, upon consideration, I would probably die of delighted laughter if the Pep Band (or the Pride) launched into a rendition . . .

http://www.jr.co.il/music/midi/havanagila.mid
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

sorry for the typo, i didn't see it my appologies. What's the Base Defense? is it a 3-4, 4-3, or something else? how much will the blitz?

Comment

base defense is a 4-3--how much they blitz varies from year to year, depending on the personnel available. I wouldn't venture a guess about this year, based on last year.

Comment

sorry for the typo, i didn't see it my appologies. What's the Base Defense? is it a 3-4, 4-3, or something else? how much will the blitz?
                  No need to apologize. That was fun. Welcome to the board.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Like Zoo said, we run a 4-3 and our blitzing schemes vary based on personnel. Last year we had some exotic zone blitz schemes when we had 2 defensive ends who had the ability to do some pass coverage, but when one of them went down for a few games due to injury we did a lot less zone blitzing due to the other end not being able to cover the base as well. We loss one of our ends (Danny Batten) to graduation and you will hear his name called in the middle rounds of the draft, so there is a little bit of unknown there in terms of personnel on the D-Line.

P.S. I am happy to see that Ndamukong Suh graduated!
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                      Well, first of all, they're Jackrabbits (you know, like how it's 'Cornhuskers' and not 'Corn Huskers').

Apart from that, they play a very disciplined game. They run a pro-style offense and an overall ball-control strategy that emphasizes limiting yards per play on defense over turnover production. Both units are built from the lines out. It's occasionally boring, and generally effective. They platoon a lot, with the goal of having fresh legs late in the game.

The best description of how the Jacks play came from a McNeese State fan who said, "They'll knock you down, help you up, and then knock you down again."
                      And by pro style offense, Zooropa means 2 running plays up the middle followed by a swing pass.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

As long as we're making "clarifications", you should know, vuren, that RabbitObserver prefers the USD Coyotes.

Comment

Hi, i'm a husker fan, that lives in lincoln, and quite honestly i know nothing about the jackrabbits, would you care to talk about the offense and defense you guys run, and who all the big play makers are?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            As long as we're making "clarifications", you should know, vuren, that RabbitObserver prefers the USD Coyotes.
                            To be fair, I do cheer for SDSU pretty passionately. I attend all home games and wear blue and gold (yellow?) every game. Sure I prefer USD, but I want to see SDSU do well just as much as I want to see USD do well.

And I was mostly kidding with my comment. Our offense is pretty vanilla though.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

The offense defiantly wasn't vanilla a couple years ago with Berry at the helm. It all depends on the personnel. Last season we had one of the best defenses in FCS and a Freshman QB so we took less risks on offense (for better or worse).

For Vuren:

We have a Senior RB (Kyle Minett) that is one of the best in FCS.

Our QB has talent and a strong arm but is a bit of a mystery yet as he was only a freshman last year. He is a pocket QB though with no threat to run.

Our SR TE (Colin Cochart) is also one of the best in FCS and is a pro prospect.

Our WR are a big question mark right now because we graduated three seniors and we don't have much experience there.

Our Defense should be legit again. We return all our DB's with the star being Sr SS Conrad Kjerstad.

The other two stars on defense are SR LB Derek Domino and JR DE Jake Steffen.

We run a base 4-3 defense and with new defensive coaches last season we started to mix in some different blitzes. I'm looking forward to seeing even more this season.

On offense, we will probably be a run oriented - short pass team to start out the season. Alot of youth and inexperience at the QB & WR spot.

We should be a top 15 team in FCS but it would be a major upset for us to go into Lincoln with a win.

What are the going to be the Husker's strengths/weakness's this year?

Comment

Working...
                              X