X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota Twins 2010 Season Thread

Repeat AL Central title.

Lose in the ALCS to someone in 6 games.

I really like this years team and think they have a great shot to do well. Much more optimistic coming into this year than last.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Re: Minnesota Twins 2010 Season Thread

I think the team goes as far as the starting pitching will carry it. The everyday line-up is as good as they have ever had. Hopefully if they can get Thome 300 plus at bats,he will be a real factor.

Comment

I am very nervous about this year, and that was before Nathan went down. I don't think Thome will be much of a factor, he may hit into more double plays than homers, starting pitching has not shown that as a unit they will get consistently into the 7th inning, and the bullpen is not strong enough to be pitching 3-4 innings a game. Maybe the new middle infielders will be productive enough at the plate to make up the difference, I hope so. But with Nathan this bullpen had to pitch part of the 6th, 7th and 8th on many nights. Adding another 3 outs is going to put a lot of wear on those arms.

The upside is that I am not sure who in the division is set up to take advantage of this, but it seems like one of the teams that looks like it is going to have a down year plays better than I expected. Maybe it will be the Twins playing better than I expect this year.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Other than the opening day game, the Twins looked very good in taking 3-of-4 from the Angels in Anaheim. That's not an easy thing to do there.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
          Other than the opening day game, the Twins looked very good in taking 3-of-4 from the Angels in Anaheim. That's not an easy thing to do there.
          Yeah, can't say I saw the Twins taking 3 of 4 from the Los Angeles Angels of Aneheim in California.

Good start, for sure.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Starting pitching was better than I expected on the whole. Just one series, but Games 1-4 count as much as 159-162.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Can anybody with young children tell me what the protocol is for buying seats for a toddler for a Twins game? I assume something like 3 and under get in free or something....can't seem to find any info online.
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Headed to Target Field for tomorrow's game vs. Red Sox...hopefully rain holds off!
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I'll be heading to the game on Sat looks like it suppose to be 65 and sunny so sounds like perfect weather to me.

Comment

Liriano has thrown 15 straight scoreless innings. Look out.

Comment

It seems like his last two starts are closer to his form back in 2007 when he first joined the team in the majors. As the annoucers were saying tonight, it seems as though liriano is getting his head on straight and that his problems last year weren't shoulder related but rather confidence ( or lack thereof)

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                      Liriano has thrown 15 straight scoreless innings. Look out.

Comment

Was 2006 or 2007 when he came up? Can't remember.

Does anyone else think that the stadium is the anit-Yankee stadium in regards to homeruns? Yankee stadium had everyone wondering what was up with all the homers being hit out. Target Field was expected to "play small" but there have been lots of balls that just seem to die in the air, especially to left. By the end of the first season you didn't hear much about Yankee stadium and the homer issue. Wonder how it will play out at Target Field.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                          Was 2006 or 2007 when he came up? Can't remember.

Does anyone else think that the stadium is the anit-Yankee stadium in regards to homeruns? Yankee stadium had everyone wondering what was up with all the homers being hit out. Target Field was expected to "play small" but there have been lots of balls that just seem to die in the air, especially to left. By the end of the first season you didn't hear much about Yankee stadium and the homer issue. Wonder how it will play out at Target Field.
                          I think it will be interesting to see how warmer temps, higher humidity, summer winds, angry mosquitoes affect how far the ball travels.
                          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

He came up in 2006. That was the year they came back from a lot down to beat Detroit in the division.

Comment

Another reason why I like outdoor baseball: tonight's game had a hawk sitting on top of the right field foul pole.

Comment

Working...
                              X