Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD's Vote Down Shot Clock and Halves

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/even.../group/Sports/

State AD's meeting wrapped up yesterday in Chamberlain. Several friends in attendance. The group voted resoundingly against a shot clock for A and B and against moving to 16 or 18 minute halves. There was also a proposal to change selection for districts/regionals to move towards a seeding system based on power points instead of just geography. That lost also. So, unlikely there will be any major changes.

I don't have a strong opinion about any of the issues. I know my friends were in favor of moving to halves instead of quarters and I think they were intrigued by the seeding system.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: AD's Vote Down Shot Clock and Halves

I don't see why the voted down the seeding system. The football playoffs are already done based on power points so I'm not sure what the difference is for volleyball and basketball

Comment

I would bet that Daktronics would love for the shot clock requirement to pass.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        I would bet that Daktronics would love for the shot clock requirement to pass.
        Yes you would think so, but they seem to like those big staduim opportunities as well. Replacing a small high school board in Arlington SD does not compare with doing up grades in places like Dallas Cowboy Staduim or places similar. I am sure they dont turn down many jobs small or large.

Comment

Opportunity to enhance the game for players and fans and they dropped the ball.

Comment

I would have liked to see it also, but understand why they voted it down. Costs. Many of these programs are wondering how they can keep what they already have and the idea of adding another $4000+ (this is what they said on 99.1, KWSN and Brookings Radio so I figure it must be close) just isn't feasible right now.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
              I would have liked to see it also, but understand why they voted it down. Costs. Many of these programs are wondering how they can keep what they already have and the idea of adding another $4000+ (this is what they said on 99.1, KWSN and Brookings Radio so I figure it must be close) just isn't feasible right now.
              That (costs)may explain the shot clock, but not the 18 minute halves. Some people just don't like change even when it's potentially positive.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                That (costs)may explain the shot clock, but not the 18 minute halves. Some people just don't like change even when it's potentially positive.
                True.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

ND approved a shot clock for class B. Before it was just class A that had a shot clock, sounds like for 90% of ND schools the cost is $2000 since they have a Daktronics scoreboard.

Maybe it will happen in SD someday.

Comment

Working...
                  X