Pro Day Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Day Numbers

It’s not often that South Dakota State plays host to a large gathering of NFL scouts. With one draftable prospect and two others worthy of a look as rookie free agents, however, this year is different.

From Gil Brandt at NFL.com
    http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/03/23/unfa...-dakota-state/

Ten team representatives showed up, and the South Dakota State hosts were ecstatic to see such a large crowd.

The workout was held indoors on a fast rubber track, while the posiiton drils took place on the basketball floor.

DE/LB Danny Batten (6-foot-2 7/8, 246 pounds) ran a 4.71 and 4.73 in the 40-yard dash, had a 32 1/2-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot, 2-inch broad jump, a 4.05-second short shuttle, a 7.32-second three-cone drill and 30 bench press repetitions at 225 pounds.

OT Casey Knips (6-7 3/4, 306) ran 5.07 and 5.08 in the 40, had a 28-inch vertical jump, 8-8 broad jump, 4.70 short shuttle, 7.92 three-cone drill and did 28 bench press reps.

WR Glen Fox (6-2, 197) ran 4.45 and 4.45 in the 40, had a 35-inch vertical jump, a 9-10 broad jump, a 4.24 short shuttle, a 6.95 three-cone drill and 12 bench press reps.

Re: Pro Day Numbers

Pretty good number overall for all 3 players. I expected Danny to run a little faster 40, maybe in the low to mid 4.6. Hopefully he can improve that this Friday during the Arizona State Pro Day. But his vertical and broad jumps are pretty impressive as well as his bench.

Fox turned he a real good 40 time.

I think all 3 have a good chance of atleast getting into a camp.

Comment

Couple Notes:

-Brandt says 10 teams were there, but Terry V and Danny Batten's agent said there were 14. Not too shabby to have half the NFL teams represented.

-Danny will be taking part in Arizona St's pro day on Friday. He said in his blog that he was pleased with his numbers but has done better.

-I'm not sure how much faster the track at SDSU is compared to what they run at the combine, but it must be an advantage. All 3 ran comparable or better times than what most at the combine ran. I remember last year JaRon put up a fast 40 time on our track as well.

To put it in perspective, NDSU's Paschall ran a 4.68 at the combine and a 4.47 at his pro day.

Comment

Danny's real important time is the short cone drill. That's a measure of foot quickness. His numbers in that (4.05) are outstanding. I would guess that number is in the top 10% for all potential draftees regardless of position. Seriously. It's that good of a number. The school record when I was in school was around the 4.10 mark. If that number is accurate, that shows an unbelievable amount of foot quickness and fast twitch muscle ability. I bet he was hoping to get into the 4.6's in the 40. 4.69 looks so much faster than 4.71.
        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if 5 SDSU players made into camp. Batten, Knips, Bender, Johnson & now maybe Fox.

I'd like to see what Chris Johnson and Isaiah Jackson put in for numbers because both are supposed to be freakishly athletic. I think Jackson won the decathlon in Arizona state high track.

My hope is that we get 2 drafted. Batten by the 5th round and Knips or Bender sneaking into the 7th.

Comment

Chris Johson - ILB 237 lbs / Verticle 38.5" / Standing long jump 10' 5"
            225 bench - 31 times / 40 - 4.61 Did not get the rest of his numbers but he thought he had a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
              Chris Johson - ILB 237 lbs / Verticle 38.5" / Standing long jump 10' 5"
              225 bench - 31 times / 40 - 4.61 Did not get the rest of his numbers but he thought he had a good day.
              Comparing with combine numbers http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers those stack up very well against other linebackers.

His 40 time would rank #3, vertical #7 and bench #3. 10'5" is very good for broad jump too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                Comparing with combine numbers http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers those stack up very well against other linebackers.

His 40 time would rank #3, vertical #7 and bench #3. 10'5" is very good for broad jump too.
                Very good numbers.

Comment

Danny did well today at Arizona St's Pro Day.

South Dakota State linebacker Danny Batten had a strong private workout in the Phoenix area for a dozen NFL teams today following the Arizona State Pro today, including three linebadckers coaches.

The 6-foot-2, 244-pounder did everything except the bench press after turning in 30 repetitions at the South Dakota State Pro Day.

NFL scouts clocked Batten in the 40-yard dash between 4.66 and 4.72 seconds.

He turned in a 7.04 three-cone drill, a 35-inch vertical leap, 10-03 broad jump and performed positional drills.

Batten has several visits and private workouts coming up.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...g-workout.html

Comment

Danny improved his 40 from 4.71 to 4.66

His 3-cone went from 7.32 to 7.04

Vert from 32.5 to 35

and 1 inch on his broad jump to 10'3"

He must of liked his previous bench or was sore because he didn't lift at AZ St. He had 30 reps at SDSU's pro day.

Good showing for Danny, his numbers are comparable or better to the other prospects his size.

Comment

Working...
                    X