California Academy of Sciences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Academy of Sciences

We just returned from visiting our son in Oakland, Ca. One of the best things we did while we were there was go to the California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco. I would highly recommend it to anyone who has the opportunity to go. We were there for more than 5 hours and might have stayed longer if it wasn't closing time. The aquarium, planetarium, and rain forest exhibit are all top notch. There are many other equally excellent exhibits as well.

I am not fond of big cities and would never live in one, but of the metro areas that I've visited, San Francisco is by far my favorite. We were there with some friends a year and a half ago and had a great time then, too.
    An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
    US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Re: California Academy of Sciences

Second the motion on something special about San Francisco. Not exactly sure what it is but...great city.

Comment

Great, great city to visit but I would never live there!

Comment

Interesting to hear different perspectives on SF.

My sister in law and her husband recently came back from honeymooning all over California. Loved every minute of it, except for the time they spent in the city of San Fransisco, couldn't get out of there fast enough.

I bet they would have enjoyed CAS (see what I did there?) though.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I've got to agree with SAn Francisco being a favorite of mine. Not just the city but Sausalito across the bay, the redwoods close by, not a drive to Carmel, and wine country an hour drive. That's a lot of unique experiences all within a short drive.

You couldn't pay me enough to live in the city itself (okay, maybe you could but it isn't going to happen) but I will take a few days there over just about any other city.

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
          X