USD loses in CIT.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD loses in CIT.

In its first ever D1 tournament experience the Yotes lost to Creighton in the opening round of the best tournament ever, even better than the NCAA "Big Dance". 89 78

Re: USD loses in CIT.

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
    In its first ever D1 tournament experience the Yotes lost to Creighton in the opening round of the best tournament ever, even better than the NCAA "Big Dance". 89 78
    I believe that since the game was played at Creighton's home court, the Blue Jays don't get full credit for the win.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
      I believe that since the game was played at Creighton's home court, the Blue Jays don't get full credit for the win.
      Road games don't count.

And USD played with them (I assume by the score, I don't know, didn't pay attention), so it's a moral Victory, and all that jazz.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

For once I can agree with CF on one point and that is Boots looses a real leader in Cain. I have never seen him play, but everyone on this board has often compliemented him. I dont know about Steve Smith and Gentry, but their former D1 experience had to help some in the transisition. Just think if Nagy had started year one with two or three D1 transfers. It would have help make a D1 team sooner. Everyone was in the dark at SDSU in year 1 plus with the boat full of seniors in the last years of D2, there was no scholarships available for new recruits except for the few we did get.

If I recall correctly, Miles played year 1 with D2 people and the fabulous five freshman were redshirted and if SDSU could have been in that position, it would have been smoother too. None the less we are were we are and upward and onward.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
          Road games don't count.

And USD played with them (I assume by the score, I don't know, didn't pay attention), so it's a moral Victory, and all that jazz.
          The Yotes were probably intimidated by having more than 139 rabid fans in attendance

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            The Yotes were probably intimidated by having more than 139 rabid fans in attendance
            I wasn't NEAR Omaha Mon Nite! :P

Comment

Do I have this straight? A semi-competitive loss (Coyotes trailed by 14 at half) to a mediocre Creighton team (16-15 before the 11-point win over USD in the CIT) in a fourth-rate tourney (behind the NCAA, NIT and CBI). Regardless, give USD credit for a 22-win season and for winning their conference (despite the weakness of some of the teams). I've got to admit I'm envious of the Coyotes' accomplishments in men's BB this season. Congrats. (Insert sound of polite applause.)
              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                Do I have this straight? A semi-competitive loss (Coyotes trailed by 14 at half) to a mediocre Creighton team (16-15 before the 11-point win over USD in the CIT) in a fourth-rate tourney (behind the NCAA, NIT and CBI). Regardless, give USD credit for a 22-win season and for winning their conference (despite the weakness of some of the teams). I've got to admit I'm envious of the Coyotes' accomplishments in men's BB this season. Congrats. (Insert sound of polite applause.)
                And the fact that their Strength of Schedule ranked 344 out of 347 teams. But to their credit they beat the teams that were on their schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                  This is put really well. Creighton is down but USD did hang in there better than I thought they would. USD is better than SDSU was at the same point in transition but I don't think USD was better than SDSU was this year. The thing about USD is they were better this year than they will be next year. It will take a couple years to see what path USD takes. We'll see in 2 years what USD is really made of.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                    This is put really well. Creighton is down but USD did hang in there better than I thought they would. USD is better than SDSU was at the same point in transition but I don't think USD was better than SDSU was this year. The thing about USD is they were better this year than they will be next year. It will take a couple years to see what path USD takes. We'll see in 2 years what USD is really made of.
                    Regarding the last 3 sentences. Isn't it fair to say that alot of people especially SDSU fans have been saying that same thing for almost every year since Boots took over the USD program in the late 80's. Trofoltz was irreplacable as well until the very next year. USD will probably have a falloff next season but Boots has always found a way to have competitive teams and is now somewhat proven as a D1 coach. Not totally just somewhat.
                    How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                      Regarding the last 3 sentences. Isn't it fair to say that alot of people especially SDSU fans have been saying that same thing for almost every year since Boots took over the USD program in the late 80's. Trofoltz was irreplacable as well until the very next year. USD will probably have a falloff next season but Boots has always found a way to have competitive teams and is now somewhat proven as a D1 coach. Not totally just somewhat.
                      Let's not get out the anointing oil just yet. You do realize that USD never beat a team with an RPI over 300 on the road. The two signature wins for USD this year were played on a neutral site. USD did not beat a team with an RPI over 300 at home either.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                        Let's not get out the anointing oil just yet. You do realize that USD never beat a team with an RPI over 300 on the road. The two signature wins for USD this year were played on a neutral site. USD did not beat a team with an RPI over 300 at home either.
                        Stop it with the facts. 22-10 is still 22-10. Reality? Stop it.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Hey, Yotes fans -

STILL got 22?

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                            Props to USD on putting together a good season.

However, your referencing back to DII, it was easier to reload against lesser competition. Nagy had similar results at DII, and only missed out on qualifying for the North Central regional one year. It's going to get more difficult, let's see how it plays out.
                            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I did think about going to the game since I'm only an hour from Omaha. Could have met up with CF with my SDSU gear on.

Comment

Working...
                              X