Smack on ESPN (Or UConn) Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smack on ESPN (Or UConn) Here!

Hey, did you folks know that the Connecticut women's basketball team has won a metric buttload of games in a row and is pretty much the best thing ever to come out of the State of Connecticut since . . . well . . . ESPN?

I'm so glad that The UConn Network aka ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNews, etc. etc. is all over this painfully under-reported story.

ESPN: All UConn, All the Time!

(I could just hate UConn more than I hate IPFW. And not just because I'm married to a Lady Vol . . .)
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Smack on ESPN (Or UConn) Here!

Maybe the Jacks will upset the Okies and give ESPN World a new team to drool about for a few minutes.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Well, I guess Connecticut has to be famous for something besides insurance and the Hartford Whalers.....

And Yale, I guess.

Yale: The alternative to Harvard for upper class slackers.

Go to Yale, acquire an accent, make connections, and then live off them for the rest of your life.

Comment

Is apathy the best smack that can be given UConn?

I think so.

Comment

This may be the dumbest thread I've ever read on here.....Smack on UConn for being arguably the most dominant basketball team of all time......
          Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
          Muhammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by rational thought View Post
            This may be the dumbest thread I've ever read on here.....Smack on UConn for being arguably the most dominant basketball team of all time......
            Smacking the hype.

Comment

if you have watched them...it's not hype....flat out fact
              Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
              Muhammad Ali

Comment

if you have watched them...it's not hype....flat out fact
                Yes. They clearly deserve every second of coverage they've gotten. Every overblown hyperbole that's been expended on them. Every single word that's been said about them.....

Just like Brett Favre deserved EVERY bit of coverage he got last season.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                  Just like Brett Favre deserved EVERY bit of coverage he got last season.
                  Favre was grossly under covered by the media last offseason! There were times I didn't even know what he had for breakfast until 11:00 a.m.!
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

At least they cover U-Con and are not like the NBC channels, you know the Nothing but Crosby Network. as in Pittsburgh Penquin, Team Canada Sidney Crosby.

Comment

I guess I would rather smack ESPN for thinking the only women's college BB team is UCONN. Even though, a few years ago, it would have only been the Tenn. Vols. being talked about. I know college women's BB isn't as big a deal to ESPN as it is to everyone else, but at least show highlights of other teams or even scores.
                      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Working...
                      X