USD's Title as Best Team in the Generally Weak Conference Secured

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD's Title as Best Team in the Generally Weak Conference Secured

The fans filing out of the Sioux Falls arena have plenty of time to drive down to Vermillion to see the second half of the best team in the Dakotas. IPFW is just too good for the Jackrodents to deal with. Of course despite it being a home game SDSU just couldn't get it done like usual. USD would never let an opportunity like that slip away.

Plenty of time to get down to Vermillion, plenty of time. I know how bad your fans want to see a winner, it's only 50 miles south of the Summit League tourney.

Disclaimer from Filbert, added after a complaint by the thread starter, Coyote_Fan:

I, Filbert, do here warrant and assert that I did in fact, on or about March 9, 2010, alter the title of a thread on the SDSUFans.com discussion board from "USD's TItle as the Best Team in the Dakotas Secured" to "USD's Title as the Best Team in the Generally Weak Conference Secured."

I did this for comedic and smackish effect, and specifically to tweak the tender sensitivities of one person who participates on the board under the screen name of "Coyote_Fan," who in my opinion is just generally too tightly wrapped around the axle and invites response in kind and better when he posts things like the above on college athletics fan discussion boards.

I specifically disclaim responsibility for the fact that he can dish it out but is unable to take it, and specifically state that I believe that "Coyote_Fan" is in no way representative of the general fan community of the University of South Dakota. Or at least I hope so.

This I do swear before the users and readers of SDSUFans.com, on this Tenth Day of March, in the Year of our Lord Two Thousand and Ten.
    Last edited by filbert; 03-10-2010, 08:12 AM.
    How Bout Them Yotes

Re: USD's Title as Best Team in the Dakotas Secured

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
    The fans filing out of the Sioux Falls arena have plenty of time to drive down to Vermillion to see the second half of the best team in the Dakotas. IPFW is just too good for the Jackrodents to deal with. Of course despite it being a home game SDSU just couldn't get it done like usual. USD would never let an opportunity like that slip away.

Plenty of time to get down to Vermillion, plenty of time. I know how bad your fans want to see a winner, it's only 50 miles south of the Summit League tourney.
    Our women could probably beat the Coyote men. USD's shown nothing this year, playing the Little Sisters of the Poor schedule you've been stuck with.

Get back to us when you've taken off the training wheels and play a real D-I schedule--one with a majority of teams over 300 in RPI.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

CF . . . SDSU and IPFW (along with ORU, OU, NDSU, and IUPUI) would be cruising through that motley assortment of teams that USD has been sharing the court with for the last two months. . . you'll have your chance in three years; we'll talk to you then.

Comment

If I could give CF negatives points I would but can't so if you have some to spare you know how to do it.

Comment

Congrats Yotes, you are the only team in your conference with an RPI below 330!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
            Congrats Yotes, you are the only team in your conference with an RPI below 330!!!!!
            First of all that is an inaccurate statement. Secondly your team is even worse than USD and SDSU. After a lucky 3 year run NDSU is well on the way back to the level of UND battling for North Dakota state supremacy with Mayville and Minot State. Throw Mary in there and it's quite a battle for the championship of North Dakota.
            How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

First of all that is an inaccurate statement. Secondly your team is even worse than USD and SDSU. After a lucky 3 year run NDSU is well on the way back to the level of UND battling for North Dakota state supremacy with Mayville and Minot State. Throw Mary in there and it's quite a battle for the championship of North Dakota.
              RPI...
              USD-224
              HBU-331
              UND-338
              UVU-340
              NJIT-341
              CSU-344
              UTPA-337

USD is irrelevant, call me when you join a real conference. 12 of your wins are against teams with an RPI above 300...

Comment

Is there ANY reason for Fargo Bison and Coyote Fan - followers of two sub-par teams - to be talking sophomoric trash on this site right now?

Moderators, this is a gross violation of standards.

Jacks forever.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                  Is there ANY reason for Fargo Bison and Coyote Fan - followers of two sub-par teams - to be talking sophomoric trash on this site right now?

Jacks forever.
                  How about because of the arrogance of a good number of Jackrodent fans that feel they are the best thing to ever happen to the world. A bit of reality stings especially since your elder brother is about to finish their conference run at 11-1. Just look at the ratings, because they actually do take strength of schedule into account. I know these types of losses to IPFW are really not that big of a deal since they are such commonplace. I guess maybe I shouldn't of come and smacked since I should have known better to be used to this by now. My bad.
                  How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                    RPI...
                    USD-224
                    HBU-331
                    UND-338
                    UVU-340
                    NJIT-341
                    CSU-344
                    UTPA-337

USD is irrelevant, call me when you join a real conference. 12 of your wins are against teams with an RPI above 300...
                    That puts USD at 4th in the Summit right now only behind Oakland, IUPUI and Oral Roberts. IPFW might have moved ahead of USD lately but last I checked the Yotes would still have been 4th in the Summit.
                    How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

How about because of the arrogance of a good number of Jackrodent fans that feel they are the best thing to ever happen to the world. A bit of reality stings especially since your elder brother is about to finish their conference run at 11-1. Just look at the ratings, because they actually do take strength of schedule into account. I know these types of losses to IPFW are really not that big of a deal since they are such commonplace. I guess maybe I shouldn't of come and smacked since I should have known better to be used to this by now. My bad.
                      Okay, I'll look at the ratings. Sagarin puts USD behind SDSU, 234 to 219. Pomeroy even puts NDSU ahead of USD; SDSU-214/NDSU-242/USD-260. I guess some people like to only use the facts that back up their case and conveniently ignore the rest.

NDSU/USD would be a dogfight this year, but SDSU would win at least 7 of 10 vs USD.

Comment

Can we get USD to the Summit starting next year? I think that Centenary could really use someone to give them a game now and then.
                        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Ha, ha, ha, he-he, ha, ha! ... The logic coming from CF cracks me up. I guess Kansas is fortunate that the Yoties are ineligible for the Big Dance. ... He-he-he, ha, ha! ... Oakland, or whoever wins the Summit men's tourney, would bury the Yoties by 30 points, minimum. The Yoties are probably the third best team in SD, behind SDSU and Augie and just ahead of DWU.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post

Jacks forever.
                            Yes.

This way we get to laugh hysterically at their pathetic attempts to justify themselves. On the other hand we know we didn't have a very good season by historical SDSU standards, but we're on the upswing for the most part. The Bizun have come crashing to earth after an uncharacteristic good run in men's basketball, and the Mangydogs are still floating blissfully and ignorantly above that same harsh D-I landscape by padding their schedule with really, really, really, really bad D-I teams. It would be a bit like if SDSU scheduled 12 or 13 straight games against Centenary. That kind of thing. The USD people think that's what D-I is. They will discover the truth soon enough, and it will be fun to watch when it happens.

The other difference is that we actually kinda like the Bizun guys, mostly. Actually, we like a goodly number of the Mangydog fans, too--posters so far on this thread excepted, unfortunately.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              Yes.

This way we get to laugh hysterically at their pathetic attempts to justify themselves. On the other hand we know we didn't have a very good season by historical SDSU standards, but we're on the upswing for the most part. The Bizun have come crashing to earth after an uncharacteristic good run in men's basketball, and the Mangydogs are still floating blissfully and ignorantly above that same harsh D-I landscape by padding their schedule with really, really, really, really bad D-I teams. It would be a bit like if SDSU scheduled 12 or 13 straight games against Centenary. That kind of thing. The USD people think that's what D-I is. They will discover the truth soon enough, and it will be fun to watch when it happens.

The other difference is that we actually kinda like the Bizun guys, mostly. Actually, we like a goodly number of the Mangydog fans, too--posters so far on this thread excepted, unfortunately.

Yeah, i was doing that tongue in cheek thing - mostly, though it would have made it a lot better if they could have come with something more than rookie minor league smack. But that's what you get from an 11-18 team and another that thinks it's conquered D-1 by beating up on 20 NJITs in a row.
                              Go Jacks!

Comment

Working...
                              X