Shoutout toSDSUFANS.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoutout toSDSUFANS.com

ORU's Finkbeiner gives a big shoutout to SDSUFANS.com in a chat with TV and Stu... it's in about the 45th minute or so... entire hour has good exchanges with this coach and Molinari...
    http://bit.ly/7MqYeB

Re: Shoutout toSDSUFANS.com

Wow. I find it odd that a coach has time to roam the message boards.

Comment

I mentioned in the post I thought it was Jim Molinari that said that, but I think I was mistaken.

I found it interesting that a head coach would read them as well.

Trying to find the edge on the Jacks? If so, it may have worked.

Comment

He basically said that he visits fan pages from time to time and thought that SDSU fans were very knowledgeable and passionate fans.

Comment

I don't remember a specific shout out to SDSUFANS, but no doubt it's the board he's referring two.

Comment

You would be surprised...I have heard that other coaches have taken recruiting information off of our board.

Comment

I didn't listen to the audio or the chat that day. I too, would be surprised if Coach Fink put the shout out. But he did surprise me with his calm poise after the loss yesterday in the Championship game. Humility? Nice to see.

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                I didn't listen to the audio or the chat that day. I too, would be surprised if Coach Fink put the shout out. But he did surprise me with his calm poise after the loss yesterday in the Championship game. Humility? Nice to see.
                I was impressed with how he handled the questions about the officiating. It was pretty obvious, to me anyway, that some of the reporters were trying to lead him into saying that it was bad calls that cost them.

I also liked the insight that he had about the "home" crowd possibly being as much of a hinderance as an asset to the Jacks.

He seems like the kind of guy that would look for any type of edge in a game. Perhaps he looks to message boards to provide insight. After all, he has the time, he isn't preparing a rotation for the games.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Heard a story last night. A car dealership got a call from a guy in Oklahoma that was interested in a convertible that was on their lot. Turns out it was Fink and the deal he made was that if they won he could buy the car because he was getting a big bonus. If they lost the deal was off. Maybe thats why he kicked the ball.
                  "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                  -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
                  X