WWC Regional this Saturday @ Frost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWC Regional this Saturday @ Frost

Come cheer on the Jacks this Saturday at the WWC Regional (Qualifer for D 1 tournament)
    there will be some great wrestling in Brookings that day.

Re: WWC Regional this Saturday @ Frost

I would go....except I will be in S.F. prepping for the Basketball Tournaments.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Is this event free to students?

Comment

Originally posted by ausbesticide View Post
        Is this event free to students?
        I doubt it since it is a NCAA post-season event, but I'm sure the tickets are reasonable and the quality of wrestling will be worth it.

Comment

This is borderline smack (my apologies in advance), but how are they going to set up Frost for wrestling when the Jacks don't belong on the same mats as the Bizun? (This could be a serious issue)

I'm guessing here, but I'll bet the Bison have center stage and the Jacks will wrestle in a broom closet, unless they are wrestling against a Bison grappler - then it will take place on center stage. Otherwise, good luck Jackrabbit grapplers - go get'em!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
            This is borderline smack (my apologies in advance), but how are they going to set up Frost for wrestling when the Jacks don't belong on the same mats as the Bizun? (This could be a serious issue)

I'm guessing here, but I'll bet the Bison have center stage and the Jacks will wrestle in a broom closet, unless they are wrestling against a Bison grappler - then it will take place on center stage. Otherwise, good luck Jackrabbit grapplers - go get'em!!!!
            Simple, the Bizun are going to wrestle in the Barn.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
              Simple, the Bizun are going to wrestle in the Barn.
              Why not the ballroom in the Pugsley Annex?

Comment

Here are the results so far. I like this Kelly kid, he got beat by the one seed as an 8 seed, but it was close 2-1. Anyhoo, he is working his way back around in wrestlebacks and is doing well. Michaud is also working his way through wrestlebacks and seems to be doing pretty well. Tyler is still in it as of this update, but that is about it.
                Pickrel 4th
                Walraven 4th
                Sorenson still in championships
                Michaud is in wrestlebacks
                Kelly in Wrestlebacks

See current results here:

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...RIBER_CONTENT=
                Last edited by Gameday; 03-06-2010, 06:54 PM. Reason: updates
                “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Gameday View Post
                  Here are the results so far. I like this Kelly kid, he got beat by the one seed as an 8 seed, but it was close 2-1. Anyhoo, he is working his way back around in wrestlebacks and is doing well. Michaud is also working his way through wrestlebacks and seems to be doing pretty well. Tyler is still in it as of this update, but that is about it.
                  Pickrel 4th
                  Walraven 4th
                  Sorenson still in championships
                  Michaud is in wrestlebacks
                  Kelly in Wrestlebacks

See current results here:

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...RIBER_CONTENT=
                  Sorenson wins by tech. fall in the final, Michaud wins third and in the true 2nd, he wins 2-1 (I think). Kelly lost in the third place match and got fourth.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                    Sorenson wins by tech. fall in the final, Michaud wins third and in the true 2nd, he wins 2-1 (I think). Kelly lost in the third place match and got fourth.
                    Congrats to Tyler. Great job.

Comment

Congrats to Tyler and his family. They are a great family (Oran & Dawn are great people) and he has worked really hard to earn this. Best of luck in Omaha - hoping he can make some noise and make ALL of SD proud with his performance! Go Tyler - Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                        Congrats to Tyler and his family. They are a great family (Oran & Dawn are great people) and he has worked really hard to earn this. Best of luck in Omaha - hoping he can make some noise and make ALL of SD proud with his performance! Go Tyler - Go Jacks!!!
                        Utterly off topic, but since the event's over....

I wonder if Sioux Falls could host the NCAA wrestling championship in a new events center.... After all, this is the -heart- of wrestling country....

Comment

congrats to Soro...looked to be wrestling his best at the right time of the year

on the topic of SF hosting D1 championships....NO NO NO

need a place to hold at least 18 to 20k with hotels and resturants/bars close by...while it is close to heartland for wrestling...SF is hard to get too (not enough flights coming in and out) and isnt big enough

it has been in St louis a lot lately, and could be a possibe fixutre there moving forward

Comment

18-20k? Really? I would've thought seating would not be a problem (which is to say, I would've considered hosting the event five/ten years after the events center gets built, with the SF Metro being well over 300k by then, with potentially another thousand or more hotel rooms; one or two additional four star hotels, and cheaper travel costs).

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                              18-20k? Really? I would've thought seating would not be a problem (which is to say, I would've considered hosting the event five/ten years after the events center gets built, with the SF Metro being well over 300k by then, with potentially another thousand or more hotel rooms; one or two additional four star hotels, and cheaper travel costs).
                              When I talked to Sorenson after he won he said it is a different atmosphere, because there are at least 11K there and he was done early last year, I don't even want to know what it would be like for the finals.

Comment

Working...
                              X