Fort Wayne claims to fame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fort Wayne claims to fame

Looks like the SDSU men and women each play Fort Wayne the first round of the conference BB tourney. It’s time to think about the Mastodons. (Sorry, Filbert.) IPFW is in a city that has been named the happiest town in America (Look magazine, 1949) and the stupidest city in America (Men’s Health, 2005). Stupid but happy? That’s outdated snarkery, I guess. If the Jacks win two, which is likely, they could make IPFW the unhappiest campus in the Summit.
    This space for lease.

Re: Fort Wayne claims to fame

Fort Waynes Motto " At least we aren't Terra Haute"

Comment

I hate IPFW.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I love pie apple.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          I love pie apple.
          Shepherd's pie? Or maybe hunter-gatherer's pie, made with fresh-killed mastadon? Mmmmm . . . yummy . . . a nice, hot mastadon pasty, perhaps . . . Mmmmm . . . .
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            I hate IPFW.
            What is with the IPFW hate? I must have missed out on the back story here.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
              What is with the IPFW hate? I must have missed out on the back story here.
              See, I'm just an evil, vicious, nasty person with a black heart and little tiny squinty eyes (through which you can catch a glimpse of my shriveled, malign, and frankly terrifying soul), who hates, loathes and despises any other team faced by my beloved, can-do-no-wrong alma-mater and greatest higher education institution in the known or imagined universe (the South Dakota State Jackrabbits). I have no tolerance for opposing views on this issue and absolutely no sense of humor at all--something which I resent and despise in others, in fact.

Furthermore, I believe smack should be as vicious and ill-tempered and nasty and mean-spirited as it can possibly be, with no hint or glimmer of cleverness or wit or irony or sarcasm or exaggeration for comedic effect or good cheer or really any intellectual thought process whatsoever behind it, other than "I'm right and you're wrong."

Which, by the way, you are.

So, I'm perfectly at home on Internet discussion boards.

And I enjoy the occasional slice of sweet or savory pie, or British-style pasty, or really any kind of meat pie as long as the meat is somehow identifiable as edible by humans.

And if you don't agree with me, you probably live in Ft. Wayne.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Proof that SDSU men are going to beat IPFW in the first round:

IPFW is located in Fort Wayne, IN... which is named after General Anthony Wayne... who failed in his invasion of Canada during the Revolutionary War... and take into acount that SDSU has Canadian, Kai Williams, on the their roster... and SDSU is considered the host school for the Summit League tournament... this clearly means IPFW has no shot at being successful at "invading" Sioux Falls... and therefor will not achieve victory in the first round against the Jacks!

As for the match up between the women... our women are just better, therefore we'll win there as well!
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

Anybody know where the Mastadons mascot came from? Was Cavemen and Cavewomen taken? (INVITATION FOR STURGIS "ART" HERE).

Comment

Good question, NoVa. Maybe someone along the way spelled Masterdoms or Matadors wrong and the name stuck. (Side note to UND: Masterdoms wouldn't be a bad nickname. It means having control or mastery. Yes, I had to look that word up.)
                    This space for lease.

Comment

I'm ugly, I'm dead, and I represent a university in Fort Wayne, I have no life.

Comment

And just for filbert

Comment

Story on the official IPFW Athletics site on the lead up to the games --IPFW's athletic director states: "I hate filbert."

LINK.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            Story on the official IPFW Athletics site on the lead up to the games --IPFW's athletic director states: "I hate filbert."

LINK.

I think you misunderstood. He said "I hate filberts". I believe he is allergic to tree nuts.
                            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                              I think you misunderstood. He said "I hate filberts". I believe he is allergic to tree nuts.

Or, in the tradition of Vince McMahon's XFL: He Hate Filbert.

Comment

Working...
                              X