Eric Eidsness new QB Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Eidsness new QB Coach

Former Head Coach at Southwest Minnesota State Eric Eidsness has been hired as the new QB Coach. He has been the Head Coach at SMSU for the past 6 seasons.

http://smsumustangs.com/news/2010/2/...226105416.aspx

Re: Eric Eidsness new QB Coach

Originally posted by sdjackfan40 View Post
    Former Head Coach at Southwest Minnesota State Eric Eidsness has been hired as the new QB Coach. He has been the Head Coach at SMSU for the past 6 seasons.

This is a great get for our coaching staff. I for one am happy to welcome Eric back!!
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

How about that. Eric is a great coach. I guess we save on moving expenses.

Comment

Originally posted by sdjackfan40 View Post

Southwest Minnesota State really screwed up here. I wonder if this doesn't have to do with some of the changes in the NSIC recently. New members, increased competition, increased scholarship limits at a time when money is tight. Their loss is our gain.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

I wonder if this isn't a junior league Brad Salem move as well--I wonder if Eidsness found the head coaching job a bit too demanding.

Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
            I wonder if this isn't a junior league Brad Salem move as well--I wonder if Eidsness found the head coaching job a bit too demanding.

Just a thought.
            I know some of his family and I think he enjoyed the challenges associated with being a head coach. I think there were other issues as they pertain to remaining competitive, issues some of our coaches face a the DI level, issues that should be handled by assistants that aren't there.

Comment

Welcome back Coach Eidsness!!! This is great news. He did a great job at SDSU and will no doubt be a great QB Coach moving forward.

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

With the amount of talent that SDSU has at the QB position for the next few years and the exposure that he could get from that talent, I would say that taking this job is a step up for his career. A top 25 FCS school coaching 2 future stars in the game is a pretty big deal.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Awesome. Just awesome.

I always liked Coach Eidsness even though he was offense and I was defense. I glad he is coming back to SDSU to work with our young, talented quarterbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    Southwest Minnesota State really screwed up here. I wonder if this doesn't have to do with some of the changes in the NSIC recently. New members, increased competition, increased scholarship limits at a time when money is tight. Their loss is our gain.
                    What will Shannon Moore being doing now as he was our QB coach last fall?

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
                      What will Shannon Moore being doing now as he was our QB coach last fall?
                      He is the running back and tight ends coach.
                      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Where's the emoticon for "Holy crap this is a great move!!"
                        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

You guys got a great man back in Jackrabbit Nation....

Comment

The offensive tempo at practice has not been the same since Coach E left... This is an unbelievable move for the Jacks football program!

Comment

Great move by the Jacks! Welcome back to Brookings Eric - looking forward to spring ball - bring it on baby!!! Was hard to let him go - it's great to welcome him back. Go Jacks!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X