Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roosevelt High School Basketball Players...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roosevelt High School Basketball Players...

Two athletes were taken out of school Cody Larson (Iowa Recruit) and Grant Wynia both basketball players currently suspended from school for 5 days.

From KSFY:

Sioux Falls Police are looking into a case of prescription drug being sold to students as a Sioux Falls School.

Police say a student from Roosevelt High School went to the administration yesterday and said someone had been trying to sell prescription medication to other students. Police tell us the juvenile in question for selling the drugs was notified of charges, but not taken into custody. When police talked to the juvenile they say the did not find any drugs.
    We've now learned that prescription medication was hydrocodone. Action News received pictures of the drug from the National Drug Enforcement Administration's website. They say hydrocodone is used for it's opioid effects, similar to the effect you would get from morphine. They also say it's usually abused orally in combination with alcohol.
    Police say this investigation is still on-going. Stick with Action News for any updates.
    Last edited by RabbitNation; 02-25-2010, 02:21 PM.

Re: Roosevelt High School Basketball Players...

Where is it reported that these 2 students or any 2 were taken out in handcuffs? Your post should be deleted. What if announymous people were posting things about your kids on the internet?

Comment

Iowa City Press:

The playing status of Sioux Falls high school basketball standout Cody Larson is in
      question as the Rough Riders approach their final regular-season game and the Class AA playoffs.

The 6-foot-8 senior, who has signed a letter of intent to play for the University of Iowa, was not in the lineup for Roosevelt's 57-56 overtime victory at Brookings on Tuesday night. Senior teammate Grant Wynia also sat out Tuesday's game.

Coach Lee Taylor and school administrators didn't return phone messages Wednesday, and Larson and several teammates refused to comment.

But Mark Meile, activities director for the Sioux Falls School District, said that the Rough Rider roster had been affected by "disciplinary action."

"I can confirm that we had some disciplinary action taken at Roosevelt involving activities rules," said Meile. "We're dealing with it."

Meile added that district policy prevents him discussing individual player names or the nature of their violation.

The situation could mean a disappointing end to an up-and-down high school career for Larson, who has played in just one state tournament during a four-year varsity career.

This season, he is averaging 18 points and seven rebounds for the Riders (10-7), who started 6-1 but have lost six of 10 games since that point. Roosevelt wraps up the regular season Friday at home against Lincoln.

Comment

The KSFY website had no story about Roosvelt but maybe its in the process of being posted, but something is going on here when administrators are commenting in such an offical manner. Is Stu Whitney on this one? Why isn't he bugging the crap of the Roosevelt people?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          The KSFY website had no story about Roosvelt but maybe its in the process of being posted, but something is going on here when administrators are commenting in such an offical manner. Is Stu Whitney on this one? Why isn't he bugging the crap of the Roosevelt people?
          http://www.ksfy.com/news/local/85259932.html

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
            Iowa City Press:

The playing status of Sioux Falls high school basketball standout Cody Larson is in
            question as the Rough Riders approach their final regular-season game and the Class AA playoffs.

The 6-foot-8 senior, who has signed a letter of intent to play for the University of Iowa, was not in the lineup for Roosevelt's 57-56 overtime victory at Brookings on Tuesday night. Senior teammate Grant Wynia also sat out Tuesday's game.

Coach Lee Taylor and school administrators didn't return phone messages Wednesday, and Larson and several teammates refused to comment.

But Mark Meile, activities director for the Sioux Falls School District, said that the Rough Rider roster had been affected by "disciplinary action."

"I can confirm that we had some disciplinary action taken at Roosevelt involving activities rules," said Meile. "We're dealing with it."

Meile added that district policy prevents him discussing individual player names or the nature of their violation.

The situation could mean a disappointing end to an up-and-down high school career for Larson, who has played in just one state tournament during a four-year varsity career.

This season, he is averaging 18 points and seven rebounds for the Riders (10-7), who started 6-1 but have lost six of 10 games since that point. Roosevelt wraps up the regular season Friday at home against Lincoln.
            No handcuffs in this one either. Or mention of suspensions. That is all coming from you. What is your source?

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation
              Source is people that attend the Roosevelt High School and my cop buddies.
              So, third party hearsay?

Comment

Source is people that attend the Roosevelt High School and my cop buddies.
                Perhaps if you told us your name it might add credibility to these "facts".

Comment

If people that witnessed it are 3rd party hearsay than you hit it on the head. What is your point? Funny, if something gets reported before the media, it is just rumor! We all know that media Never uses hearsay! Sioux Falls is not that big and stuff gets out.

My point is that it is cold and moronic on your part to spend time spreading rumors about a couple of high school kids when you do not know the story. I could give a rip about the media aspect of this. They are also trying to put 1 and 1 together to make 3.

Comment

I will never apologize for standing up for the rights of a couple of high school seniors against an announymous person on a message board. I could care less if you are right. I just hope the same does not happen to your son or daughter at some point.

Comment

My last post was in response to RabbitNation telling me that when the facts come out I can pm him and apologize. I see he has wisely deleted the majority of his posts, or they were deleted for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        The article quoted by RN is by Stu Whitney and can be found on the front page of the Argus sports section today.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

didnt filbert already delete posts from the last thread started about this subject.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            The article quoted by RN is by Stu Whitney and can be found on the front page of the Argus sports section today.
                            Thanks I had not look at today's Argus. I guess I owe Stu an apology. Sorry Stu.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                              didnt filbert already delete posts from the last thread started about this subject.
                              He did delete the last thread on this subject. There is a reason names of minors are left out of the press. The same should hold true for message boards.

Comment

Working...
                              X