State Amateur Basketball Tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State Amateur Basketball Tourney

The State "A" and "B" Amateur basketball tournaments will be held in Volga on Feb. 27th and 28th. If you are bored some of the best amateur talent will be on display those two days with just a short drive from Brookings.

Re: State Amateur Basketball Tourney

Someone said Cody Vollmer was playing for the Redfield team. I would be intrigued to see if he has the same ups he displayed at State.

Comment

He also just bought the auction house in Miller. He was on the front page of the Milller Press a couple weeks ago. It is delivered to my house so I'm up on the Miller happenings.
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Any updates? Who are some of the top amateur teams/players? I know of a team I had a few buddy's on a few years ago: Nate Unruh, Chris White, Broc Rops, etc on a team. I regularily played against Rick Dunlap, Stoebner, Creech and the Shenanigan's powerhouse amatuer teams back in the days. Not sure who's-who anymore though.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
          Any updates? Who are some of the top amateur teams/players? I know of a team I had a few buddy's on a few years ago: Nate Unruh, Chris White, Broc Rops, etc on a team. I regularily played against Rick Dunlap, Stoebner, Creech and the Shenanigan's powerhouse amatuer teams back in the days. Not sure who's-who anymore though.
          The team that won the "A" division was SF TIBBS-Blue.
          That team had-
          1) Brock Rops
          2) Matt Wilber(MVP)
          3) Kyle Johnston
          4) Luke Tibbets
          5) Dave Nour
          6) Marcus Leloux
          7) Nate Unruh
          8) Austin Ledeboer
          9) Sean Ladd
          10) Eric Depue

They beat Aberdeen-Cunningham Elec.
          1) Kevin Burkhard
          2) Adam Grant
          3) Trent Traphagen
          4) Tom Leidholt
          5) Matt Hammer
          6) Levi Hamiltohn
          7) Dan Magrino
          8) Doug Leidholt
          9) Jason Lutz
          10) Scott Boekelheide

The team they beat in the semi finals were Rapid City "A" and SF TIBBS-black.
          RC had Ryan Messick, Blake Tideman, Kyle Kurth, Mitch Slusarski, Clint Allen, John VanBeek, Travis Miller, Rob Christensen and Chris Robinson.
          SF TIBBS-black had Brdy Hyde, Brent Roth, Brett Moody, Ryan Millsap, Ryan Krome, Mike Richardson, Gerad Van Leur, Chad Bigge and J.D. Roberts.

Other names on the A roosters are
          Watertwon- Troy Terronez, Tom Batta, Marc Forbush, Brian Norberg, Eric Swanson, Doug Thue.
          SF Coast- Brooks Little, Dustin Little, Eric Hall, Eric Mergen, Caleb Veldhouse, Brandon White, Matt Porish, Heath Hult and Casey Nelson.

The other 2 teams were Presho Wolves and Volga "A". The Volga team had mainly Sioux Valley High School grads and Presho had players from DWU(5), MMC, USF, BHSU and SDSU(Troy Bushbaum).

The "B" division had Volga Lucky Dog beat Brookings Monstars.

Volga Lucky Dog had-
          1) Ryan Burgraff(MVP)
          2) Pat Murphy
          3) Nick Peterson
          4) Adam Quail
          5) J.F. Jensen
          6) Paul Santama
          7) James Bothel
          8) Travis Johnson
          9) Nate Fisher
          10) Stan Johnson
          11) Mackenzie Casey
          12) Ben Deward

Brooking Monstars had
          1) Alex Ode
          2) Marshall Flannery
          3) Michael Magbuhat
          4) Kyle Wiesner
          5) Landon Geerdes
          6) Taylor Johnson
          7) Ryan Lehr

They beat Redfield and Plankinton in the semis( I think).

The other teams were Parker-Parkerhouse, Watertown "B", Rapid City Warriors and Aberdeen "B".

Comment

These guys play in a private league in Sioux Falls at the Golf Dome. Here is the website: http://www.tibbsbasketball.com/html/men_s_league.html

The team that won the "A" division was SF TIBBS-Blue.
            That team had-
            1) Brock Rops
            2) Matt Wilber(MVP)
            3) Kyle Johnston
            4) Luke Tibbets
            5) Dave Nour
            6) Marcus Leloux
            7) Nate Unruh
            8) Austin Ledeboer
            9) Sean Ladd
            10) Eric Depue

Comment

Matt runs TIBBS.
              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Working...
              X