Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackrabbits 17th in FCS attendance.

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=204894064

SDSU ranked 17th among the more than 100 FCS teams with a record average home attendance of 13,265 for five home dates.

The Jackrabbits drew more than 10,000 fans to each of their five home games, resulting in an increase of more than 3,300 fans per game from the 2008 season. SDSU ranked third among Missouri Valley Football Conference schools in the attendance rankings, trailing North Dakota State (ninth at 16,515) and Youngstown State (Ohio) (14th at 14,054). Northern Iowa also posted a top-20 finish with a 19th-place figure of 12,969.

Montana led the FCS ranks with an average of 24,417 fans per game, followed closely by Appalachian State (N.C.) at 24,004.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Jackrabbits 17th in FCS attendance.

Keep winning FB games + build new stadium (remodel - however you must word it) = climb that ladder (Montana - here we come!!!)

Comment

Makes you wonder what our attendance would be if we counted like most other schools do?!?

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
        Makes you wonder what our attendance would be if we counted like most other schools do?!?

You wouldn't be talking about the Bison would you??

Or the Gophers? I actually felt a little embarrassed that day at TCF when they announced 50K plus at the SDSU/UM game. Maybe 30K were actually there. That's a big difference even if you use "2 year old counting".

Go Jacks!!
        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
          You wouldn't be talking about the Bison would you??

Or the Gophers? I actually felt a little embarrassed that day at TCF when they announced 50K plus at the SDSU/UM game. Maybe 30K were actually there. That's a big difference even if you use "2 year old counting".

Go Jacks!!
          Bison, U of M, Oral Roberts...the list goes on and on. Makes you wonder why the NCAA doesn't do a better job of auditing that kind of thing. They have their hands in absolutely everything else!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
            Well, Youngstown was ranked ahead of us in attendance, coming in at 16th, and that might be the biggest joke of them all. They announced an attendance of 10,780 for the game against us and if you saw the stands, they were lucky to have 4,000 people there.
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
              Well, Youngstown was ranked ahead of us in attendance, coming in at 16th, and that might be the biggest joke of them all. They announced an attendance of 10,780 for the game against us and if you saw the stands, they were lucky to have 4,000 people there.
              I was there at that game and would be shocked if there was 2500 there and at least a couple hundred were in the SDSU section. And worse yet it was their homecoming!

Comment

Originally posted by HoboD View Post
                I was there at that game and would be shocked if there was 2500 there and at least a couple hundred were in the SDSU section. And worse yet it was their homecoming!
                We had to do whatever it took to send a message to our athletic director that we wanted Heacock GONE! We got him gone and signed a top notch coach named Eric Wolford.

We just signed a 4-star running back today out of Florida in the 2010 class. This is NOT a transfer, we SIGNED a 4-star recruit. We also signed a 3-star recruit and a handful of 2-star recruits.

Watch out FCS, here we come!
                http://letsgoguins.com

Comment

Originally posted by guinzone View Post
                  We had to do whatever it took to send a message to our athletic director that we wanted Heacock GONE! We got him gone and signed a top notch coach named Eric Wolford.

We just signed a 4-star running back today out of Florida in the 2010 class. This is NOT a transfer, we SIGNED a 4-star recruit. We also signed a 3-star recruit and a handful of 2-star recruits.

Even this Youngstown supporter admits the numbers were falseified!

Comment

I assume you are referring to this:

RB Bellamy to sign with Youngstown State
                    Posted on Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2010 at 1:42 p.m.

This just in from the Times' Greg Auman:

Former Dunedin running back Adaris Bellamy, who signed with USF in 2009 but was told last month there was no longer a scholarship available to him with the Bulls, will sign today with Division I-AA Youngstown State, his high school coach said Wednesday.

"He could play at a higher level, but I think he'll be a star there," Mark Everett said. "He's excited. He just told me his goal is to win the Walter Payton Award (given to the
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I was at the game, there was not 10,000 there, but there was more than 2,500 there too. The loges are usually packed for all the games too, we have 32 of them and most seat between 15-40 people. Of course you do not see them from the stands but yes, we use PAID attendance, not BUTTS in the seats attendance.

Bellamy is going to be a fabulous back for YSU. The attendance will be UP UP UP this year with Wolford as our coach. This recruiting class is one of the best ever at YSU.

Comment

I was at the game, there was not 10,000 there, but there was more than 2,500 there too. The loges are usually packed for all the games too, we have 32 of them and most seat between 15-40 people. Of course you do not see them from the stands but yes, we use PAID attendance, not BUTTS in the seats attendance.

Bellamy is going to be a fabulous back for YSU. The attendance will be UP UP UP this year with Wolford as our coach. This recruiting class is one of the best ever at YSU.
                        Thanks Mrs. Wolford!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                          Thanks Mrs. Wolford!
                          lol just a fan Roy, just a fan.

Comment

Is there no attendance in the Ytown forum either So they come here? Just kidding...nice to see someone's keeping tabs on us. I believe the Montana attendance #'s and of course ours. I too was embarassed for U of M when they announced their attendance....I think that's info better left not shared. Of course I've been kind of embarassed for the U of M for some time now.
                            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

I was at the game, there was not 10,000 there, but there was more than 2,500 there too. .
                              Okay maybe 2700, I probably underestimated the SDSU crowd at 200, probably more like 400.

Comment

Working...
                              X