Season Openers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season Openers

2010 D-1 baseball opened yesterday.Way cool. Summit League teams Centenary and Southern Utah both lost but to tough teams. Centenary got beat by #2 LSU 5-4 and Southern Utah lost to Cal 14-0. The Jacks open this Friday against Murray State who won their opener. It's baseball season baby, you gotta love it.

Re: Season Openers

Originally posted by NWrabbitdad View Post
    2010 D-1 baseball opened yesterday.Way cool. Summit League teams Centenary and Southern Utah both lost but to tough teams. Centenary got beat by #2 LSU 5-4 and Southern Utah lost to Cal 14-0. The Jacks open this Friday against Murray State who won their opener. It's baseball season baby, you gotta love it.
    Are you ready for some baseball? Yes. The teams home opener is not until April 20th against the Gophers. Which is good since there is still three feet of snow on the field. Jacks are at the Metrodome vs Creighton, Harvard and the Gophers on March 12,13, and 14th. Just may have to drive to Mnpls to watch some of that.

I think team expectations are pretty high.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by NWrabbitdad View Post

I looked at the weather in Murray, Kentucky...highs in mid 40's.
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

The team bus left Brookings this morning at 6am for the 15 hour ride to Murray, KY. I know they are anxious and excited to get outside and play. Temps in the mid-40's will probably feel balmy to them.

As an aside, I think the Jacks baseball team are truly the road warriors among all the sports teams. They take the bus to all road games and last season I calculated they traveled approximately 14,300 miles during the season. Haven't done the calculations yet for this season, but it looks like they may surpass last year's total.

Comment

I believe it is going to be in the 16,000-18,000 in terms of miles traveled this season. Thats going to be a lot of long bus rides!

Comment

Working...
          X