Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiger Woods Presser

Ok, I have to vent somewhere.
    I love how tiger begged the paparazzi to leave his family alone (wouldn't this make them work harder?) and how he was raised on family values but asks the world for forgiveness for his transgressions? isn't that a tad hypocritical? sorry for the big words.

Re: Tiger Woods Presser

Tiger to world: "Keep giving me money and leave me alone"

Comment

Watched it. Obviously he had been practicing his speech (scripted hand gestures). IMO, did not come across as sincere except when asking to "leave my family out of this". He's trying to re-build his image so that the endorsement dollars come back in. That's obvious. His agent and handlers obviously have been working this plan since THanksgiving. The world will forgive, he'll be rolling in the dough again and life will go on. Meanwhile, his wife has to live with the knowledge that her snake in the grass husband (hopefully soon to be ex) thought he was invincable and wouldn't get caught. Good luck explaining that to the kids some day.

Kids: "Mommy, why doesn't daddy live with us"
      Elin: "Well, see after we got married he decided sleeping with me wasn't enough, so he had to go out and find a dozen other women to sleep with, and thought I wouldn't find out. Long story short, daddy's not here because he's stupid. Don't be like daddy."
      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

I don't see Tiger's behavior as any too much different than a whole darn bunch of professional athletes in other sports. The concept of monogamy seems to be entirely lost for that facet of our society. In NO WAY does that excuse Tiger's behavior.

Did he need to say anything at all? I don't think he made his statement today to assure that money keeps coming in. He is the best golfer ever and that is what he wants to do.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I thought he said a lot of the right things but came across as very robotic and mostly unemotional.

That being said I heard a great comparison on ESPN radio on the way home from work. The host drew a line between what is going on with Tiger and what happened to Kobe Bryant years back. Basically, as soon as Tiger wins a golf tournament or two all will be gone. Not forgotten but gone.
          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
          -Leo Rosten

Comment

My thought was that it was hard to compare his presentation (robot-like) to anything in the past because it was the first time I ever heard him talk about anything but golf.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

its not like tiger woke up and said "im going to hattiesburg" thats why i bs on all of this. what a joke this guy is.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                I don't see Tiger's behavior as any too much different than a whole darn bunch of professional athletes in other sports. The concept of monogamy seems to be entirely lost for that facet of our society. In NO WAY does that excuse Tiger's behavior.
                I think his behavior is similar to a whole darn bunch of PEOPLE in all walks of life. Only difference between him and them is the number of zeroes on the checks.

About the only thing you can do is teach your kids better and hope some of it sinks in.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

The personality of Tiger has always been reserved. He never was one to speak a great deal even about his golf game when he was at the top. With this addiction problem, it had to be difficult more so since he is a public figure and yes I would have been practicing my speech too, if I were in his shoes. I think his willingness to seek treatment says a great deal. What he does with the knowledge and how he uses the knowledge he acquired at the treatment center will be pretty much up to Mr. Woods. The guy has ability as a golfer and if he recovers he will soon be at the top again. I had my trials and tribulation with compulsive behavior so am willing to give him a second chance.

Cheap shots like that by Gov Plewenty at the CPAC convention are not necessary. If you watched Meet the Press this morning you get the drift.

Comment

I thought it came acrosses horribly. It was so obviously over-coached with the hand gestures and the long stares into the camera. Apologizing all of his corporate partners before all of the people that owrk for him and the kids that receive the benefits of his foundation? Really? Would have liked to see some genuine emotion from R2D2 Tiger. There was none of it. It just shows me he hasn't learned a thing. He very obvioously still feels entitled and that he can "smooth" this thing over.

Seriously if there had been some genuine eemotion in the speech I would have bought.

SUPERBUNNY
                    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Back for the Masters:

http://www.pga.com/2010/news/pgatour....ap/index.html
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        I had to turn off Sports Center. Every single topic on the side bar was Tiger-centered. No thanks.

I'm glad he's back though. I wouldn't have watched the Masters if he didn't participate.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Allow me to do my Oakland pep band impression during an opponent's introduction...

"WHO CARES!"
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                            Allow me to do my Oakland pep band impression during an opponent's introduction...

"WHO CARES!"
                            If we give Michael Vick a second chance, why not Tiger Woods.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              If we give Michael Vick a second chance, why not Tiger Woods.
                              I know, I'm not opposed to second chances, Tiger is no doubt the greatest golfer of all time, and his personal life should have no bearing on his professional life, IMO.

I just saw an opening to bash the classless Oakland band, who yell "WHO CARES" when plenty of people obviously do care.
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                              X