2010 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 season

Young Jacks' softball team (two seniors) picks up its first win of the season, 10-0 kerblastification of Savannah State. Kori Seidlitz and Pam Nicholson toss the shutout. Go Jacks!

Re: 2010 season

I don't know much about the level of Savannah State softball, but it was nice for the Jacks to get a solid win under their belts. Regardless of the quality of the teams, it is always hard for northern teams to go south and win in the early part of the season. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
      I don't know much about the level of Savannah State softball, but it was nice for the Jacks to get a solid win under their belts. Regardless of the quality of the teams, it is always hard for northern teams to go south and win in the early part of the season. Go Jacks!

Think Savannah State was 4-5 going in.

Comment

I am showing my inability to keep up with every sport. In fact, I could not recall the head coaches name Joana Lane. I see from her bio she has a connection to Florida State which explains our presence at that institution for a early tourney. She has recruited a great deal out of state, and we have maybe only two or three from SD. Not a problem but looks like she is going places with the program and thats what we should all want.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          I am showing my inability to keep up with every sport. In fact, I could not recall the head coaches name Joana Lane. I see from her bio she has a connection to Florida State which explains our presence at that institution for a early tourney. She has recruited a great deal out of state, and we have maybe only two or three from SD. Not a problem but looks like she is going places with the program and thats what we should all want.

Correct me if I am wrong but SD high schools do not have softball, per se, and nothing comparable to American Legion in the summer.

Jacks finished second in FSU tournament over the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
            Correct me if I am wrong but SD high schools do not have softball, per se, and nothing comparable to American Legion in the summer.
            As of right now, SD High School baseball and softball are club sports.

Comment

Jacks finished second in FSU tournament over the weekend.
              I would not be so quick to say the women have nothing compared to American Legion. I known young ladies that have played in a ton of leagues all summer long, and some have played in big tournaments and probably could play D1 Softball, but for one reason or another, they just have not got the notice. I dont know if being a club sport is that much of a handicap, but maybe it is for SD players.

Not being a jerk about an all South Dakota Team, just thought it notworthy. Coach Lane knows whats she is doing in her recruiting. I really am not questioning her choices. Looks like she it trying to assemble a winning team and they are from all over. Just an observation.

Comment

Jacks pick up fourth win of young season by blanking Creighton, 3-0. on Saturday. Freshman pitcher Kori Steidlitz with the shutout.

Comment

Jacks pick up fourth win of young season by blanking Creighton, 3-0. on Saturday. Freshman pitcher Kori Steidlitz with the shutout.
                  A win over Crieghton is a quality win. Crieghton has wins over Wisconsin, Oregon State and Northwestern. Great job ladies.

Hopefully the snow goes away soon enough to play some home games at Jackrabbit Softball field.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Wow...that is an awesome performance for our new pitcher. Congrats to her and the team (and the coaches)...should be an interesting season!

Comment

Jacks take two of three on road at SUU (and could have won the third) to open conference season at 2-1. Go Jacks!

Comment

Working...
                      X