A Nice Love Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Nice Love Story

Kelo just ran a nice story involving a couple of kids from SDSU, here is the link:
    http://www.keloland.com/NewsDetail6162.cfm?Id=96505

Re: A Nice Love Story

That is a nice story and I'm very happy for them both. Sometimes things just work out the way they're supposed to.

Jerry was back pretty often to work with the Foundation and Alumni association - it's nice that he'll be here more regularly, where he can 'live' and still remain active with our University. We owe him a great deal of gratitude - here's hoping for many more years of his expertise with the school. Congrats to both he and Jolene!

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
      That is a nice story and I'm very happy for them both. Sometimes things just work out the way they're supposed to.

Jerry was back pretty often to work with the Foundation and Alumni association - it's nice that he'll be here more regularly, where he can 'live' and still remain active with our University. We owe him a great deal of gratitude - here's hoping for many more years of his expertise with the school. Congrats to both he and Jolene!
      The story got my wife a little teary eyed watching it. Truly a wonderful story. Wish there were more positive stories like this in the news then all the negative stories we so often hear of.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I agree Goon - wouldn't it be nice to be able to turn to a news channel that did feel good stories about great people who do nice things for other people. Novel concept - I can't believe someone hasn't been able to capitalize on the idea. We get enough reality in our daily lives and the garbage on TV at night. Give me people making a difference, so I can escape to a world that cares about each other!

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
          I agree Goon - wouldn't it be nice to be able to turn to a news channel that did feel good stories about great people who do nice things for other people. Novel concept - I can't believe someone hasn't been able to capitalize on the idea. We get enough reality in our daily lives and the garbage on TV at night. Give me people making a difference, so I can escape to a world that cares about each other!
          Yes, Why do news media sources struggle to figure out why viewers or readers are down? maybe some of it the economy, but the product they are selling is a big part too. I rarely watch the news or read the paper. Locally is not as bad but nationally the opinion based stories and the negative stories are more then enough to keep me and others away from watching and reading.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Jerry Lohr has been a fantastic ambassador for SDSU. He has given greatly of his time and resources and is a true gentleman.

That just makes the whole story that much better!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Jerry is a great friend and a great guy, and he and Jolene have found true love and happiness. When he was back for a basketball game last year and couldn't wait to introduce us to Jolene, he acted like a teenager! Hooray for the two of them, and as stated in earlier posts...SDSU is lucky to have Jerry as an alumnus. He is one of our greatest benefactors and a great ambassador. I take some (very little) credit for getting him re-interested in his alma mater back in the 70's when I was alumni director and held an alumni meeting in the San Francisco area. Jerry invited me to stay at his home with him. He graduated from Stanford as well and was proud of his support for Stanford and showed me lots of things he had gotten from them. I gently prodded him on getting involved with SDSU...and (end of story) did he ever!!!

Comment

Working...
              X