Post signing day recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post signing day recruits

Were there any prospects on campus this weekend?

Re: Post signing day recruits

Good question. I was wondering about that earlier this week, too. I'm curious, but have no good information to offer.
    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...blogid=26#7646

DB from Tulsa, OK expected to sign this week.

Jenks DB Devin Pugh to sign with South Dakota State
      2/15/2010 11:18:12 AM

Jenks defensive back Devin Pugh will sign to play football at South Dakota State this week, said his mother, Laila Fritz.

Pugh had 45 tackles and four interceptions to help the Trojans reach the Class 6A state championship game. The 5-foot-10, 165-pounder was a two-star prospect on ESPN.com and drew interest from Colorado State.

Pugh was an honorable mention all-metro selection by the Tulsa World. He plans to sign with the Football Championship Subdivision (formerly I-AA) school Friday, Fritz said.

--Matt Baker
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...blogid=26#7646

DB from Tulsa, OK expected to sign this week.

Jenks DB Devin Pugh to sign with South Dakota State
        2/15/2010 11:18:12 AM

Jenks defensive back Devin Pugh will sign to play football at South Dakota State this week, said his mother, Laila Fritz.

Pugh had 45 tackles and four interceptions to help the Trojans reach the Class 6A state championship game. The 5-foot-10, 165-pounder was a two-star prospect on ESPN.com and drew interest from Colorado State.

Pugh was an honorable mention all-metro selection by the Tulsa World. He plans to sign with the Football Championship Subdivision (formerly I-AA) school Friday, Fritz said.

--Matt Baker

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recru...6season%3d2010

Pugh has the size for the cornerback position at the major level of competition. Although his playing speed is not consistently dominant we see enough flashes of athleticism and quickness leading us to believe there is positive upside to this player’s future. Does a nice job with route recognition whether in man or zone coverage; displays the ability to run with outside receivers. Shows fluid hips, can crossover and run with the ability to get his head around, locating and make plays on deep balls. When in zone coverage he demonstrates patience, does jump routes too early and doesn't get beat deep. When in man coverage we see the speed to make up ground if caught in traffic. His ball skills show the ability to catch high or low out of the frame throws. Is an active defender vs. the run; can avoid blocks with excellent pursuit habits and chase speed. Not a lazy player on action away; is a good sure wrap tackler. This prospect should be a steady special team's contributor both in coverage and as return guy. Although Pugh is presently flying below the radar as a projected major level competitor we see enough talent to suggest that this player could become a late bloomer at the non BCS level of play.

He has a 2 star, 73 ranking which is pretty high and the same ranking as signee DE Auston LaBlance

Comment

His Rivals page says that he had an offer from Weber St.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/duke/footbal...vin-Pugh-94658

Comment

I've seen his 40 time from 4.43 to 4.53 so I don't know, if its the 4.43 he's a nice find if hes a 4.53 he might need a little work....

Comment

Jenks is probably Oklahoma's top football high school.

Rivals has him at 4.41.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

The 40 times that are posted on ESPN have always been much slower than what is posted other places.

If you watch his video you can see that he has some speed hitting the corner on some of those running plays.

I like how SDSU missed out on some CB's before signing day but stayed patient and didn't reach on some other CB's that they weren't as high on. And than they go out 2-3 weeks after signing day and find a good 2-Star recruit . Kudos for the coaching staff for not panicking.

Comment

Devin Pugh looks like just the kind of player the Jacks need at a position in need of depth and future talent. He seems like an excellent addition. Welcome, Devin.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Not so fast...

Check today's live chat.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFlash View Post
                      Not so fast...

Check today's live chat.
                      AD from Pugh's high school replied to an e-mail from TV that Pugh would not be signing tomorrow, reason appears to be unknown.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

What was everyone's favorite Devin Pugh moment?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          What was everyone's favorite Devin Pugh moment?
                          Why are various Chuck Norris jokes (with Chuck coming out second best) flashing through my mind right now?
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Something tells me a little bigger program closer to home swooped in and made some kind of offer once they heard he was committing to SDSU.

Comment

Shoot. Maybe there's still hope.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                              X