No announcement yet.

i guess cornell is really that good!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i guess cornell is really that good!!!

what game will the coyote fans use now, to try to justify their men being a good team? the one game they always used was their 6 point loss to an almost ranked cornell team who gave kansas a good game. cornell got beat by 15 points to penn last night. that was penns 4th win. their only non conference win was against a 3 win team. cornell is no better than the top 8 teams in the summit.

Re: i guess cornell is really that good!!!

Probably the game against Morehead State.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever
      Hey, hey now, don't be hating another great land grant ag school. Cornell is another excellent Agricultural Institution, just like SDSU.
      Stop bringing Rational thought into a smack thread.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

They do realize that Cornell doesn't offer scholarships, right?
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
          They do realize that Cornell doesn't offer scholarships, right?
          I have a very close personal friend who goest to Cornell and the only thing they really care about there is hockey, so I'd say that perhaps everything else is subpar just like Ivy League football. Just saying.
          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

This is a real stupid thread. Cornell is a highly regarded team this year. They played tough at Kansas and have had a very good season so far. They aren't going to win every game within their conference most years. It sounds and smells very petty trying to minimize Cornell as a program. They have a very good team. It makes for a ridiculous argument to say otherwise. The Yotes had the game down to a one possession game with just a couple of minutes left. They also played them very tough at Cornell in New York last year as well.
            How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
              This is a real stupid thread. Cornell is a highly regarded team this year. They played tough at Kansas and have had a very good season so far. They aren't going to win every game within their conference most years. It sounds and smells very petty trying to minimize Cornell as a program. They have a very good team. It makes for a ridiculous argument to say otherwise. The Yotes had the game down to a one possession game with just a couple of minutes left. They also played them very tough at Cornell in New York last year as well.
              i think you have a few stupid threads on here too. or is it like road games, it doesnt count? cornell will be one and done in the ncaa tourney.

Comment

Anything can happen in college basketball...a weaker Cornell team can play Kansas tough, just like a weaker USD can play Cornell tough...

I wouldn't put much stock in either game.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Congratulations on your moral victory.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                    Congratulations on your moral victory.
                    SDSU played "close" with Purdue and Purdue is in the top 5 so I think SDSU is "close" to a top 5 program when we play in pre-conference season tournaments on Caribbean islands. I think given that fact we should get some consideration from the NCAA for a post-season bid if we don't win the Summit League conference tourney.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I have a suggestion to solve this. How about we start listing moral victories (MV) with Ws and Ls?

For instance, if Centenary women stay within 40 points of any opponent it's a moral victory. So the Ladies are actually 1-23-5 this year.

Correspondingly, the USD men are 10-9-1 in D-1 play.

This way over the years you could build a record and look back fondly on the great moral victories like that MV we picked up against the Gophers in football last fall.

Comment

So we would be 0-1-1 against FBS teams since the transition to FCS? Alright then, I like it.

Does our basketball victory over Iowa State count as a big win or because it was a road game does the win not count? I'm a little confused by udot logic. Is it that road losses don't count and close losses at home against DI teams count as wins? Or is it that road wins don't count against Summit league teams because they are no better than the NCC but close wins at home against NAIA FB teams in the dome count as 2 wins? Somebody help me out.

I think, by udot logic, we are a middle of the pack Big 10 team in football and men's basketball and somewhere near the top of the Ivy league in both. The problem, we play in the Missouri Valley and Summit league. Oops I let some facts slip in there at the end.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                          Anything can happen in college basketball...a weaker Cornell team can play Kansas tough, just like a weaker USD can play Cornell tough...

I wouldn't put much stock in either game.
                          It's probably not a good idea to put moch stock into the rest of the schedule to date either
                          How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Someone please quote one instance where I said "road games don't count". I have always been of the opinion that how a team plays on the road tells alot about a team. I have argued contrary to other Coyote fans that the Coyotes weren't as good as some of them thought because of their road play. I definately don't take a homer attitude when I write thoughts about USD. I am very realistic and have probably picked against the Yotes (especially on the road) when most USD fans picks USD to win because of not wanting to rock the boat. I have argued in the past that USD needs to have return home games against teams where the only game played to that point has been on the road. USD is simply a much better home team but they have improved on the road and played fairly well last year except at UNI, but bad games happen in year 2 transition.

So far SE Lousiana is the perfect example and a very typical home road comparison when analysing the Yotes. They lost on the last play of the game in the game in Louisiana but won very comfortably at home against them. After just one game it's easy to come to the conclusion the SE LA was the better team. After the return game no one would say that.
                            How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Someone please quote one instance where I said "road games don't count". I have always been of the opinion that how a team plays on the road tells alot about a team. I have argued contrary to other Coyote fans that the Coyotes weren't as good as some of them thought because of their road play. I definately don't take a homer attitude when I write thoughts about USD. I am very realistic and have probably picked against the Yotes (especially on the road) when most USD fans picks USD to win because of not wanting to rock the boat. I have argued in the past that USD needs to have return home games against teams where the only game played to that point has been on the road. USD is simply a much better home team but they have improved on the road and played fairly well last year except at UNI, but bad games happen in year 2 transition.

So far SE Lousiana is the perfect example and a very typical home road comparison when analysing the Yotes. They lost on the last play of the game in the game in Louisiana but won very comfortably at home against them. After just one game it's easy to come to the conclusion the SE LA was the better team. After the return game no one would say that.
                              This is just retarded.

Not a homer?! You make me laugh.

And a much better home team huh? No $**t sherlock!

You described basically every team in the entire universe. You're a complete genius.
                              Last edited by SDSUAlum08; 02-20-2010, 03:55 PM.
                              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Working...
                              X