Blue sky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue sky

So what happens when SDSU has better football facilities than the Bison, better indoor track facilities than the Bison and better basketball facilities than the Bison?

What happens then up in Bison land?

Will we see more references to the historical strength of the hairy humped ones? Or will we see more snide references in praise of a town that has both a Hooters and a Buffalo Wild Wings?

Re: Blue sky

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
    So what happens when SDSU has better football facilities than the Bison, better indoor track facilities than the Bison and better basketball facilities than the Bison?

Will we see more references to the historical strength of the hairy humped ones? Or will we see more snide references in praise of a town that has both a Hooters and a Buffalo Wild Wings?
    Oh, I think by that time the Bison will be in the FBS as a member of the Big 10. The MBB program will be in the middle of their 4th consecutive Elite 8 run, and the WBB program will be celebrating the third straight vicorty over UConn. Also, the USOC will have decided that instead of having tryouts for the SUmmer games, they will just use the NDSU track team as their representatives every 4 years.

Oh, and Fargo will be the new capital of the US...

I, for one, cannot wait until the renovations start and the facility argument can't be used...
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
      And Craig Bohl will have a Nobel Peace Prize and a house on the moon!!

Comment

And Craig Bohl will have a Nobel Peace Prize and a house on the moon!!
        And commute to Fargo Daily!

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
          And commute to Fargo Daily!
          on a rocket powered by buffalo chips.

Comment

I believe this goes back to TV's analysis of Fargo vs. Sioux Falls. IE, Fargo residents view their city as better than it actually is, SF residents view their city as worse than it actually is. Boil it all down and Fargo and Sioux Falls are pretty much the same cities.

NDSU fans will always think their x is better than any other school's. No amount of evidence will convince them otherwise. I can't think of one Bison poster who has said, "You know what? The Jackrabbits are better than us in football right now. Hats off to them."

They just know they are better in football, regardless of the actual fact we beat them for 3 years straight. It was the refs, the field conditions, the injuries, etc.

Why would their view of facilities be any different? Most Bison fans would probably tell you their gameday at the Fabulous FargoDome is better than Nebraska's at Memorial Stadium.
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
              Why would their view of facilities be any different? Most Bison fans would probably tell you their gameday at the Fabulous FargoDome is better than Nebraska's at Memorial Stadium.
              They will never be able to find out because, as we all know, the Cornhuskers are afraid to play the Bison.
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                I believe this goes back to TV's analysis of Fargo vs. Sioux Falls. IE, Fargo residents view their city as better than it actually is, SF residents view their city as worse than it actually is. Boil it all down and Fargo and Sioux Falls are pretty much the same cities.

NDSU fans will always think their x is better than any other school's. No amount of evidence will convince them otherwise. I can't think of one Bison poster who has said, "You know what? The Jackrabbits are better than us in football right now. Hats off to them."

They just know they are better in football, regardless of the actual fact we beat them for 3 years straight. It was the refs, the field conditions, the injuries, etc.

Many of their fans believe we beat them 3 straight because our tailgate lot isn't paved and the portable bathroom facilities.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                  Oh, I think by that time the Bison will be in the FBS as a member of the Big 10. The MBB program will be in the middle of their 4th consecutive Elite 8 run, and the WBB program will be celebrating the third straight vicorty over UConn. Also, the USOC will have decided that instead of having tryouts for the SUmmer games, they will just use the NDSU track team as their representatives every 4 years.

Nice to see another SDSU fan is starting to get it....but seriously I welcome an SDSU with better facilities. They are coming at NDSU and UND as well...not sure if the other Dakota school is going to do anything but an arms race may be starting.

Comment

Only porta-potties and Chuck Norris can stop the Bison. Probably not in that order.

Comment

We already have a significantly better basketball facility.

Comment

on a rocket powered by buffalo chips.
                        Developed by engineers from SDSU

Comment

From what I am hearing, NDSU will have a great basketball facility very soon... financed by Sanford/MeritCare. Announcement forthcoming, I'm told.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

As well they should. NDSU is in F-a-R-G-O, we live in po-dunk Brookings. They should have a 15,000 seat arena for their annual matchup with Kansas.

In all seriousness, Fargo should have what the people of Sioux Falls have been needing since the NCC Holiday Tournament left the Sioux Falls Arena. With the population and the fact that all ND State BB tourneys should run through there as well - it's only a matter of time. The question would be, why has it taken them so long?

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                              From what I am hearing, NDSU will have a great basketball facility very soon... financed by Sanford/MeritCare. Announcement forthcoming, I'm told.
                              Meanwhile, SDSU already has a great basketball facility, and is looking to make it even better . . .
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X