X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU Stadium-22,000 Seats

Here is TV's story on the Argus site:

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...0/NEWS/2100329

Sounds pretty cool, now we just need to make it come to fruition.
    “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Re: SDSU Stadium-22,000 Seats

I'm anxious to hear more details. I've heard it will be broken out into phases.....when can we get started? The sooner it starts, the sooner we can enjoy it. As they say - it's gonna get worse before it gets better - I'm ready. (I may need to take on part time work to contribute, but whatever it takes!)

Let's get the dirt moving!!!!

Comment

I have no inside information, but I have heard through the grapevine that they have a five-year schedule to at least get started on this.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

No state help whatsoever? CAS is nearing 50 years old, it's too small, outdated and becoming unsafe. On top of all that it's a return on investment. How can the state not foot any of this bill?

When it's all said and done (and a artificial playing field is added) I imagine the bill could be close to $40mil. Dykhouse/Sanford already gave $6mil...is this going to be possible?

And that's just CAS. What about Frost?

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
          No state help whatsoever? CAS is nearing 50 years old, it's too small, outdated and becoming unsafe. On top of all that it's a return on investment. How can the state not foot any of this bill?

When it's all said and done (and a artificial playing field is added) I imagine the bill could be close to $40mil. Dykhouse/Sanford already gave $6mil...is this going to be possible?

And that's just CAS. What about Frost?
          In this economic climate there is just no way that the state is going to throw any money at this. What would it say to the state employees who were just told they aren't getting a raise for the second straight year that we are going to build a football stadium?

If times were similar to when the state threw in money to repair the Dakota Dump then I would say the chances would be quite good since CAS is at the end of its lifecycle.

You mention Frost. Anything proposed there would be very minor in comparison to the CAS project.

Sanford Stadium does have a ring to it doesn't it?

Time for us all to get ready to write some checks!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I agree.......but I guarantee I could find a dozen other things the state will spend money on that make alot less sense than improving a football stadium at the states biggest school. I am in the camp that believes athletic success leads to improved enrollment.

I have a little problem w/ the public raising 100% of the money and the state gaining b/c of that. Kind of like when the state of Arizona built Jerry Colangelo a baseball stadium for him to profit off of.

Comment

What would be the stages for this?

1.) Visitors side.

2.) Home side complete w/ luxury suites and pressbox.

3.) Playing field.

Daktronics Field at Sanford Stadium or Sanford Sports Complex. hmmmm?

Comment

I wished a rendering could have accompanied TV's story. It's going to take a large primary donor to step up and get this thing off the ground and make it feel like it can really happen and then I think many people may jump on board and open their wallet. It may be somone that is not so visible as Sanford.

Comment

Question: The State will benefit whether they contribute or not, but will the level of benefit to the state increase if they help fund this project?

I love the idea of Daktronics being the main sponsor...improving sport complexes is right in their wheelhouse. WELCOME TO DAK STADIUM!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SFJACK View Post
                    Question: The State will benefit whether they contribute or not, but will the level of benefit to the state increase if they help fund this project?

I love the idea of Daktronics being the main sponsor...improving sport complexes is right in their wheelhouse. WELCOME TO DAK STADIUM!!!
                    I have always thought that Daktronics is missing out on an excellent opportunity to use the SDSU campus. Just think, instead of trying to sell other schools on a system before they actually see it in action, why not have a deal with the school in which Daktronics provides the latest in their scorboard/video display technology and in return Daktronics can use Frost and Coughlin as a sort of demonstration area.

I had heard, when I worked at Daktronics, that they were not too big on giving deals to SDSU or even Brookings High School. I don't know if there is any truth to the rumor, but you would think that with all the cheap labor that SDSU gives Dak (engineering interns, part-time labor) that something could be worked out.

I think that "Larson Field at Coughlin Alumni Stadium" also has a very nice ring to it.
                    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

As far as a fundraising effort, why doesn't the Athletic Department just add an additional $2 per ticket per game. That would only be an additional $10-$12 bucks for a season ticket holder. If the team has 5 home games and averages only 10,000 per game, that is an additional 100,000 per year. Am I missing something that doesn't make this an option? I assume there is more to it than this, but they would have field turf paid for in a little over a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Gameday View Post
                        Here is TV's story on the Argus site:

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...0/NEWS/2100329

Sounds pretty cool, now we just need to make it come to fruition.

Maybe we can have a challenge on this board. Ladies and gentlemen, start your checkbooks?

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                          As far as a fundraising effort, why doesn't the Athletic Department just add an additional $2 per ticket per game. That would only be an additional $10-$12 bucks for a season ticket holder. If the team has 5 home games and averages only 10,000 per game, that is an additional 100,000 per year. Am I missing something that doesn't make this an option? I assume there is more to it than this, but they would have field turf paid for in a little over a year.

Field turf is closer to 1 million. Also the average of paid tickets is way lower that 10,000. Students don't buy a ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by couger71 View Post
                            Field turf is closer to 1 million. Also the average of paid tickets is way lower that 10,000. Students don't buy a ticket.
                            I knew I forgot something. But, even still, I wouldn't mind having a little higher season ticket price if I knew that it was going towards making my experience at the game that much better.

Comment

I think that "Larson Field at Coughlin Alumni Stadium" also has a very nice ring to it.

I agree, but no one takes the time to add up all that Larson has given to this community (that we've known about). His generosity is un-paralleled and I hate to even bring him into the discussion.

Alumni & fans unite! We need MONEY - SHOW me the money!

Comment

Working...
                              X