• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argus Leader Tours Dykhouse

The long wait is over....

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...21/1002/sports

Re: Argus Leader Tours Dykhouse

TV sneaks the snark into his article:
    Rooms with views: Each of the seven offices that house a full-time coach features one wall made of glass and a second-story view of Coughlin-Alumni Stadium. Head coach John Stiegelmeier has two such window walls in his corner office. That just might force him to keep his new digs tidier than the former ones.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Is that backer area going to open to most everyone at one point or another? Or is it going to be for the big donors?
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
        Is that backer area going to open to most everyone at one point or another? Or is it going to be for the big donors?
        $10,000 dollars a year will get you in or $100,000 lifetime donation will get you in.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
          $10,000 dollars a year will get you in or $100,000 lifetime donation will get you in.
          I see. So, if I convince that Athletic Department that I will live to 133 so that my $1000 a year will turn into $100000, I will be in like Flynn.

Joking aside, I think that it is a great thing to have for the donors. Now, onto the skyboxes!

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
            I see. So, if I convince that Athletic Department that I will live to 133 so that my $1000 a year will turn into $100000, I will be in like Flynn.

Joking aside, I think that it is a great thing to have for the donors. Now, onto the skyboxes!
            While I understand the need to recognize and reward the high dollar donors, I truly admire donors like you. This is truly where the hare (rubber) meets the road. $1,000 a year is a very generous gift!

Comment

I agree w/ Gopherhole. This past year is the first where the good Lord blessed me enough to be able to donate....and I loved it.

I asked TV in the Argus recruiting live sitdown what had a bigger effect on recruits, the Dykhouse or the Playoff appearance and he said it was overwhelmingly the Dykhouse. Not really surprising in this day and age.

Comment

Also....loved the views from Stigs office as well as the "donor area". I don't blame them a bit for keeping it for the big-time donors but I would suggest, if only once a year, allow other "nickel and dime" donors in there. The U of Kansas did this a few years back at a game I attended. It was kind of neat for a common folk like me to rub elbows w/ some of the big wigs (met Bill Self and others). I think it makes the "lesser" donors feel part of the program and inspires them to maybe be a "big time" donor someday.

Do it during a not-so-attractive home game, like when a weak non-conference opponent comes in. Have an "all-access" open house, free food, have some notables there to shake hands. Encourage free will on-the-spot donations. Would be cool and worthwhile I believe. Maybe have something for the "big-time" donors set aside for after the game to make up for it.

Comment

Congrats on the Dykhouse facility. It appears to be very very nice. That has to be an awesome recruiting tool, not only for prosepctive athletes, but for coaches as well.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                    While I understand the need to recognize and reward the high dollar donors, I truly admire donors like you. This is truly where the hare (rubber) meets the road. $1,000 a year is a very generous gift!
                    Thanks for the kind words. What is really funny is that I didn't really do a ton of donating until a few years ago. Ironically, the same year I started donating was the same year that I finished paying off my student loans. I swore once I got those things paid off that my days of writing checks for school were over...oh well...

Comment

Writing checks for debts and for donations are on two totally different emotional levels.

Comment

Working...
                      X