Bison stew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bison stew

Kemo is laying down some funnn-eeee smack over on B-Ville.
    The best the Trembling Herd has coming back is a shot of CA Stadium, where THEY'VE LOST TWO IN A ROW! Once our men's team restores order in the universe and whacks them on Saturday the only thing they'll have left is playing fantasy football with their 2010 recruiting class. Until September, when it starts to count.

Re: Bison stew

We might have to start a "Bison humbled again" thread pretty soon. The first entry probably should be a 2010 calendar, just to remind our D-I friends from north of the icy cold border that the D-II years are over and that there's a new territorial leader in college sports.
    This space for lease.

Comment

A win for you guys would be huge on Saturday. Just think, your team could snap a SEVEN game losing streak against the Bison. Plus, a third win in the six year D1 series would surely place SDSU's men's basketball ahead of NDSU's program.

Reach for the stars, bunny fans

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
        A win for you guys would be huge on Saturday. Just think, your team could snap a SEVEN game losing streak against the Bison. Plus, a third win in the six year D1 series would surely place SDSU's men's basketball ahead of NDSU's program.

And perhaps the Bisonettes will defeat the SDSU WBB program and snap Nine game losing streak.

Of course another streak would be the football one. But, it does look like the Bizzun are turning the program around. After all, it has been a whole week and none of the recruits have been arrested.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
          And perhaps the Bisonettes will defeat the SDSU WBB program and snap Nine game losing streak.
          I never would have guessed that an SDSU fan would bring up women's basketball in response to men's bball smack.

Comment

I never would have guessed that an SDSU fan would bring up women's basketball in response to men's bball smack.

Sorry. I guess I didn't get the smack memo. Let me try this:

Oakland 12-1
            IUPUI 10-2
            Oral Roberts 9-4
            South Dakota State 9-4
            IPFW 6-7
            North Dakota State 6-7

Better?

Comment

Similar to bringing up D-2 Championships in a D-1 world, huh.

(\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post

Don't you know that they win all the arguments because they have a paved parking lot?

Translation for our North Dakota neighbors:

Oofta, dontcha know dhat ve have sea-meant?

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post

Wrong fan.
                  Plus, a third win in the six year D1 series
                  Is it really this hard to follow a straight line without falling over? I smack one sport and all you guys can do is blab on about other sports or things I didn't post. I guess it's tough to smack NDSU mbb when we've beat your team 7 straight and 8 of 9, huh?

Comment

I guess it's tough to smack NDSU mbb when we've beat your team 7 straight and 8 of 9, huh?
                    Tough to smack, no. Just not worthwhile to smack a team in the bottom half of the conference.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Wrong fan.

Is it really this hard to follow a straight line without falling over? I smack one sport and all you guys can do is blab on about other sports or things I didn't post. I guess it's tough to smack NDSU mbb when we've beat your team 7 straight and 8 of 9, huh?
                      Perhaps you are right. I am concerned that we won't have an answer for Woodside, Winkleman, or Nelson this weekend...wha? Oh...sorry.

Comment

To all Bison Fans:

What's going to be your response at the end of this athletic season when you fall below SDSU in the three "major sports" in the conference standings??
                        Now, I know you've been getting used to it, by consistantly finishing below SDSU in 2 of the 3...but this year it will be in ALL 3????

Come on, just admit it...as a whole, who has had the better overall athletic "program" success thusfar in D-1????

You don't have to answer...we all know the answer...even your beat writer knows the answer and has admitted as much.

See you all Saturday...oh that's right, it's on TV up there, so let me rephrase...See all 10 of you Saturday....I'm predicting a 10-20 point win for the Jackrabbit Men and the Bison women will be lucky to say within 30.

Go Jacks!!
                        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                          To all Bison Fans:

What's going to be your response at the end of this athletic season when you fall below SDSU in the three "major sports" in the conference standings??
                          Now, I know you've been getting used to it, by consistantly finishing below SDSU in 2 of the 3...but this year it will be in ALL 3????

Come on, just admit it...as a whole, who has had the better overall athletic "program" success thusfar in D-1????

You don't have to answer...we all know the answer...even your beat writer knows the answer and has admitted as much.

See you all Saturday...oh that's right, it's on TV up there, so let me rephrase...See all 10 of you Saturday....I'm predicting a 10-20 point win for the Jackrabbit Men and the Bison women will be lucky to say within 30.

Go Jacks!!
                          Here is the way that I am looking at it. Last year the two most dominant teams in Summit Basketball were the NDSU men and the SDSU women. Now, one could argue, that both programs are in a rebuilding phase. The SDSU women have seen their struggles this year, but even with that they are still the #2 team in the league behind a team that has one of the most talented first-year players in the nation. And, the NDSU women have basically stayed at the same level they were last year even after avoiding the injury bug that hit them last year.

The NDSU men, however, have seen their record plummet and find themselves possibly as a low seed in the conference tourney. A tournament that they won last year, not by dominating but, by having their best player hit a buzzer beater. SDSU's men, for all the bashing they take from NDSU, have improved to the point where they can now win any game.

Summary:
                          Jacks WBB = still a conference power
                          Jacks Mbb = Rising Summit contender

Bison WBB = Good mid-range conference team
                          Bison MBB = Starting back at square one

Comment

That damn stinker of a 2nd half in fargo. Finish that game and there would be no more delusional thinking from bison fans, right?
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                              Kemo is laying down some funnn-eeee smack over on B-Ville.
                              The best the Trembling Herd has coming back is a shot of CA Stadium, where THEY'VE LOST TWO IN A ROW! Once our men's team restores order in the universe and whacks them on Saturday the only thing they'll have left is playing fantasy football with their 2010 recruiting class. Until September, when it starts to count.
                              Yah, good old Bison fans were busting out the pictures of the porta-johns we had at tailgating, so it was my turn to do a little bashing of the ol' BSA. Might as well share it over here, and feel free to post your own comments!
                              __________________________________________________ _____________

If a picture is worth a thousand words, we should be able to at least get a hundred from this one. Lets post as many comments as possible shall we?

The BSA,...

...a great place for avid basketball and ceiling beam enthusiast alike!

...where Ben Woodside became popular amongst the nose bleed section, not so much for his play, but rather that he was the only Bison short enough to be visible at all times on the floor!

...where everyone gets the obstructed view discount!

...one of the few venues in which you can reach up to set your beverage down!

...the reason SDBison wears a hard hat everywhere he goes!
                              -------->
                              Last edited by Kemo; 02-09-2010, 02:46 PM.
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                              X