DeBoer from USF to Southern Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeBoer from USF to Southern Illinois

Kalen DeBoer resigned from USF this morning and accepted the job as offensive coordinator at Southern Illinois.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...ORTS/100205010

Re: DeBoer from USF to Southern Illinois

Sorry, I didn't see the thread in "College Athletics". I was thinking MVC since he went to SIU. My bad.

Comment

DeBoer - Southern Illinois University O.C.

Thought this would be of interest to the SDSU fans considering he will be coaching in the MVC...

http://www.keloland.com/NewsDetail6162.cfm?Id=96179

Comment

Re: DeBoer - Southern Illinois University O.C.

Originally posted by RabbitFan11 View Post
        Thought this would be of interest to the SDSU fans considering he will be coaching in the MVC...

http://www.keloland.com/NewsDetail6162.cfm?Id=96179
        THis was just a matter of time. And it makes sense that he would stay in the midwest since that is where he is more comfortable.

I just can't believe that he would leave a dream job like USF.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

A friend of mine who is a buddy of Kalens and big into the USF program told me before the last championship game that there was going to be a shakeup (think I even posted something back then on here and Bisonville). Said DeBoer possibly to NDSU or even SDSU (if Meadows would have left). Said now that he chose SIU b/c he feels Lennon is on the fast track to a bigger job real soon.

First was Shane Murphy......now Morrell, Riggs an DeBoer. Willie Sanchez everyone....Willie Sanchez!

Comment

I'm not sure why anybody would be surprised by departures in the USF football coaching department...not much fun to jump from being one of the top dogs in the country in a cupcake division, and start the transition from NAIA to NCAA II football. DeBoer found an opportunity (he was looking for sure) and took it. When they beat UND I think a lot of people thought they were ready...but UND is in its own transition hell and certainly isn't the Sioux of years ago in the NCC. Sanchez? Maybe. But I think the prospect of going through the mud after being on top of the wave naturally left a few coaches wanting to catch and ride the wave into opportunities elsewhere.

Comment

Why does this news make me slightly queasy?
              Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Luke Meadows name has been mentioned as a possible replacement in Zimmer's blog in the Argus.
                USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
                  Luke Meadows name has been mentioned as a possible replacement in Zimmer's blog in the Argus.
                  It's not a surprise that his name is being mentioned, but it would surprise me if Luke seriously considered the job. Northern was an established program (albeit with a poor track record). USF can only go down hill from here. I'm not knocking USF. Unlike some, I don't see their success as having any impact on SDSU and wish them well. There's just a high likelihood the program will have some significant growing pains now that they are jumping up a level. Can't think that Luke would want to get involved in that. Then again, a desire to be a head coach can be a strong thing.
                  "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I told my buddy that Meadows has to be top 2 or 3 on the list. Morrell will not take the HC job.

Comment

should we be concerned that meadows name might be up again for leaving? Would he be next in line to take over after stig was ready to retire? Not saying he shouldnt be pursuing his dream, but if he is looking else where should we not be wanting to fill his shoes and find a replacement soon if needed?
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I think that with the success of the program, that any area school that has coaching opportunities arise will look to Stig's staff. That is just what happens with successful programs. And, the more success, the wider the area becomes for coaching opportunities.

Actually, I take having our coaches being in the "Top 5" for jobs as a compliment. Plus, with that success the quality of coaches to replace anyone that leaves the program will also increase.
                        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          should we be concerned that meadows name might be up again for leaving? Would he be next in line to take over after stig was ready to retire? Not saying he shouldnt be pursuing his dream, but if he is looking else where should we not be wanting to fill his shoes and find a replacement soon if needed?
                          I would be VERY surprised if Meadows left the SDSU staff.

That is all.
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by el_presidente View Post
                            Sorry, I didn't see the thread in "College Athletics". I was thinking MVC since he went to SIU. My bad.
                            You were thinking much more clearly than I was this Friday a.m. MVC didn't even dawn on me as a more appropriate spot for the thread. Oh well, it looks like SDSU Football is where it's found a home.
                            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Does anybody else wonder if this move has anything to do with recent signing day? I wouldn't be too happy if my kid committed to USF about 2 days ago...
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                              X