Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be at the Summit Tourney thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will be at the Summit Tourney thread...

Ideas? A good friend of mine recently became GM at one of the bars real close to the Arena. Would love to do something, get to know you guys, etc. Any ideas? I have already suggested to him a shuttle to the Arena from his bar. Would love to get a SDSU pre-game/post game thing going.

Throw out some ideas and let's see if we can make this an even better weekend.

Go Jacks!

Re: Who will be at the Summit Tourney thread...

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
    Ideas? A good friend of mine recently became GM at one of the bars real close to the Arena. Would love to do something, get to know you guys, etc. Any ideas? I have already suggested to him a shuttle to the Arena from his bar. Would love to get a SDSU pre-game/post game thing going.

Throw out some ideas and let's see if we can make this an even better weekend.

Go Jacks!
    Smoke free? If not, nothing will get me there. Planning to head to Nutty's north for the alumni association gatherings but would consider another option. A shuttle would be really nice. Parking was tough last year and the weather sucked.

Again, if it isn't smoke free no chance I'm there.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      Smoke free? If not, nothing will get me there. Planning to head to Nutty's north for the alumni association gatherings but would consider another option. A shuttle would be really nice. Parking was tough last year and the weather sucked.

Again, if it isn't smoke free no chance I'm there.

I will 2nd that! BW3's for me, unless there's a better smoke-free option.

I haven't stepped foot into a "smoking bar" for more than 1/2 hour in SF or Brookings in two years. November 2010 can't come soon enough.

Go Jacks!!
      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

It is my understanding that Nutty's North will be smoke free during the Summit Tournament for the Sioux Empire Staters/SDSU Alumni Asssoc events before each game.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
          It is my understanding that Nutty's North will be smoke free during the Summit Tournament for the Sioux Empire Staters/SDSU Alumni Asssoc events before each game.
          I can confirm it will be our I wouldn't be going.

I didn't realize BW was smoke free. Is that the entire building? I guess it is more of a restaurant and not a bar so smoking is not allowed.

I don't go to places that allow smoking. Ben's Brewing Company in Yankton is a smoke free pub and therefore the best place to be if you want a beverage in Yankton. Cubby's and O'Hares are the best spots in Brookings.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I agree regarding the no-smoking bars. Nothing like waking up the next morning feeling like crap after not smoking but feeling like you smoked a pack. The smell of your jacket the next morning after being in a bar with smoke. Sorry for p#ssing off any smokers but it's just the way I feel. Good idea regarding a shuttle from the bar to the arena. A lot of fans from all teams would love that idea.
            Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

A shuttle is a great idea. Just make sure that they label it as a "Arena shuttle." Perhaps they could get the Summit Brewing company to sponsor the whole thing....
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

How about a shuttle bus that will arrive outside the arena during halftimes and between games and is loaded with beer. You could buy a wristband that gets you a discount at the bar and free beer on the shuttle.
                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

I agree, i am all for individual right, but smoking affects others so its not a right. To say its not a public health concern is a total crock. just ask the good Doc. A person has a right to smoke but not if it affects me. Id be all for it, maybe i can talk my old man it to that. Even though we got all sessions pass hoping to go to all the games we can.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Name drink and drink/snack specials around Summit team mascots:

"The Jack": Jack Daniels on the rocks with bison jerky.

"The Bison": "Bison Organic Chocolate Beer" http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/609/2420 with chips

"The Mastadon": 10,000-year-old "grog" with those eggs in the big jars that look like they've been around since cavemen.

"The Gent": Gentlemen Jack whiskey half price at last call

Help me out here.....
                    Last edited by NoVaJack; 02-05-2010, 08:34 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post

"The Bison": "Bison Organic Chocolate Beer" http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/609/2420 with chips

"The Mastadon": 10,000-year-old "grog" with those eggs in the big jars that look like they've been around since cavemen.

Help me out here.....
                      "The Thunderbird": a glass of Thunderbird wine for losing bets,

"The Golden Eagle": shot of Goldshlager

"The Gold,the Bad, the Ugly": this is for the Golden Grizzleys men, Western Ill men and women, and the Cent women (not appearance but how they play)
                      1 1/2 oz Kahlua
                      1 oz Bailey's irish cream
                      Fill with Milk
                      1 1/2 oz Goldschlager

Comment

Help me out here.....
                        Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                        "The Thunderbird": a glass of Thunderbird wine for losing bets,

"The Golden Eagle": shot of Goldshlager

"The Gold,the Bad, the Ugly": this is for the Golden Grizzleys men, Western Ill men and women, and the Cent women (not appearance but how they play)
                        1 1/2 oz Kahlua
                        1 oz Bailey's irish cream
                        Fill with Milk
                        1 1/2 oz Goldschlager
                        "The Joey": A can of Foster's Beer that comes with a straight shot of liquor of your choice from the bottom shelf; A deal so good you'll be "Down Under" (the bar table) in no time!

"The IUPUI": Jägerbombs at a discount price, because after a long night, the words Jäger and Jaguar are indistinguishable...

"The WIU": A Leatherneck Shot that is 1/2 priced for military veterans.

"The Coyote": If you order one of these, you are promptly thrown out of the bar as the bouncer yells: "Go Back to D2"!
                        Last edited by Kemo; 02-06-2010, 11:08 AM.
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

LOL and Reps coming for Sturgis and Kemo. Especially love "The Coyote," Kemo. Are you thrown out with or without drink?

Comment

And not forgetting that the tournament is in South Dakota and everyone from South Dakota knows what happens around any basketball tournament in the month of March we have:

The Blizzard; Scale ingredients to servings
                            1 oz brandy
                            1 oz Irish cream
                            1 oz coffee liqueur
                            1 oz white rum
                            2 scoops ice cream
                            1 splash light cream

Comment

LOL and Reps coming for Sturgis and Kemo. Especially love "The Coyote," Kemo. Are you thrown out with or without drink?
                              Depends on if the coyote fan was intuitive enough to grab their drink before the bouncer grabbed them
                              Last edited by Kemo; 02-07-2010, 12:40 AM.
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                              X