Who Dat? and the NFL.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Dat? and the NFL.

I imagine many of the readers of this message board have also followed the news about the NFL's (in my opinion, heavy-handed, jerk behavior and maybe not-legally-sustainable) claim on a trademark of the words "Who Dat?" in reference to Saints Football.

The "Who Dat?" is pretty funny stuff. [Watching TV tonight, I saw an ad for USD and it's "U-dot" logo. "U-Dot!" It sounds like a response to "Who Dat?"]

Anyway, it appears the controversy about having "Who Dat?" on T-shirts etc. may have been put to bed. Link.

Re: Who Dat? and the NFL.

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    I imagine many of the readers of this message board have also followed the news about the NFL's (in my opinion, heavy-handed, jerk behavior and maybe not-legally-sustainable) claim on a trademark of the words "Who Dat?" in reference to Saints Football.

The "Who Dat?" is pretty funny stuff. [Watching TV tonight, I saw an ad for USD and it's "U-dot" logo. "U-Dot!" It sounds like a response to "Who Dat?"]

Anyway, it appears the controversy about having "Who Dat?" on T-shirts etc. may have been put to bed. Link.
    Aren't "heavy-handed" and "NFL" pretty much synonyms?
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

When I first read the article on ESPN, I was really amazed the NFL would try that. I can't believe they were trying to claim the "WHO DAT" phrase as NFL property because the fans chant it at Saints games. I could almost see them being right with the emblem from the helmets on the t-shirts until I saw it is a symbol used for New Orleans and not just the Saints. They saw it as big business and wanted to rape the little guys over even more money. Good job NFL!!
      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Then couldn't Cinncinnati get in the game because they were the ones that started it all with Who Dey?
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

I liked some of the songs by Who Dey and the Blowfish...didn't know they were from Cincy!

Comment

Who Dat? Actually goes back a long, long time in New Orleans (city) history...long before football.

Comment

Working...
            X