A Dome Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Dome Debate

No more high school games is the dome? Not saying that just wondering out loud. I know a coyote fan was asking where kids and coaches would rather play. I'd say outside especially if the price to play inside keeps going up.

http://www.yankton.net/articles/2010...4208942212.txt

USD, VSD Disagree Over New Costs
    By Justin Rust and David Lias
    Vermillion Plain Talk
    Published: Saturday, January 30, 2010 12:28 AM CST
    VERMILLION — The Vermillion School District wants the Vermillion Tanagers to continue playing football in the University of South Dakota’s DakotaDome.

USD also wants the Tanagers to play in the dome.

But the price to play in the DakotaDome could outweigh the school district’s desire at, which has forced the school to look at other options as it contemplates the future of the high school football program.

For the past 30 years, an agreement has been in place to allow Vermillion to use the DakotaDome for home high school football games. The Vermillion School District currently pays a net amount of $15,000 a year; Vermillion pays $20,000 and USD pays $5,000 for use of facilities at Vermillion High School.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: A Dome Debate

I would personally rather play outside and watch a game outside regardless of the elements but I can understand alot of people liking the comfort and predicatability of a dome. My own family members wouldn't attend a game as often if it wasn't for the dome. Not everyone is as hard core as some of us. I am also a Minnesota Vikings fan and I would like nothing more than for them to build an outdoor stadium and get back to their roots of being a hard core frosty bearded team like they used to be. I remember when they were outdoors (am barely old enough to remember) and they had such an advantage with the elements during the winter months. I think it's more than just ironic that the team has not gone to a superbowl since. Money is what rules the world though and if owners can make the fans comfortable by having them be indoors that is going to be a huge factor regardless if the team might have a slightly better chance in post season by being outdoors.

The dome makes the attendance at Coyote games higher than it would be if they were outside. Just the way it is.
    How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Re: A Dome Debate

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post

The dome makes the attendance at Coyote games higher than it would be if they were outside. Just the way it is.
      You are right about that and I like is as a multi-purpose indoor facility for things other than non-football sports. USD made a mistake when they didn't build a facility dedicated to basketball at the time of the dome's construction. They'll get a building erected and it will be nice, I am certain of that. They'll also work out this issue with VSD but is interesting to discuss, at least I think it is.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
      X