Attendance averages over the last few years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attendance averages over the last few years

I was just don't some messing around and found this. I don't think it really means anything except for more fans show up now that SDSU is DI.
    1999- 6,139
    2000- 5,436
    2001- 6,732
    2002- 5,967
    2003- 5,547
    The DI years-
    2004- 9,846
    2005- 6,934
    2006- 9,652
    2007- 11,218
    2008- 9,907
    2009- 13,265
    T

Re: Attendance averages over the last few years

Not if you ask Craig Mattock.

Go Jacks!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
      Not if you ask Craig Mattock.

Go Jacks!!
      Your expectations are too great. Craig doesn't actually know what he's talking about when it comes to DI athletics. He shouldn't even be even attempting to comment on issues such as this.

I think attendance will be down this coming year. We don't get the marquee MVC teams in Brookings this year and our early season schedule is a beast. The 5th home game will likely be a non-marquee program as well. 10,000/game will be a good showing in my estimation. I hope the fans prove me wrong.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I think md is right on the money...the home schedule this year was incredible.

It will be VERY hard to top that attendance mark until we get SIU, UNI, and NDSU along with a couple other premier teams at CAS again. I don't recall what 2011's home schedule looks like, other than the conference teams.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Very interesting numbers. I wonder if the information was available what would the trend be for team testing in the 40 yard dash? I know the staff runs these tests periodically and if you were to average this past season individual times, how would they compare with 1998 as a for instance? Higher I suspect. My point is we have more money for scholarships and thus we are attracting more gifted athletes in terms of speed.

Another unrelated point, is that our late games in November are most likely drawing better since going to FCS, than they were at the D2 level. I recall attending a few that were viciously cold and drew less than 3000, during D2 days, but recently there seem to be at least 5000 for some of these games. These games no doubt affect the average for the year.

Comment

A better team and a bigger student body I think have helped some.

Comment

[QUOTE=91jack;144386]I was just don't some messing around and found this. I don't think it really means anything except for more fans show up now that SDSU is DI.
              1999- 6,139
              2000- 5,436
              2001- 6,732
              2002- 5,967
              2003- 5,547
              The DI years-
              2004- 9,846
              2005- 6,934
              2006- 9,652
              2007- 11,218
              2008- 9,907
              2009- 13,265

Its simply amazing what happens when you win. Plus, the Valley is a quality conference and for the most part they bring quality teams to Brookings. Fans really like watching quality football.

What is most impressive since we moved to the D1 level is that nearly all of the fans are Jacks fans. Visiting teams other than NDSU bring very few fans to Coughlin. Good numbers and I hope they continue to grow.

Will be interesting to see this years schedule when it comes out.

Comment

This is the most updated schedule I have seen. Keep in mind there may be significant changes. I don't see a bye week on quick review and there is no game scheduled the first week in September of the last week of the season. I sure think we'd like a bye in there somewhere but it looks like its not feasible with the Delaware and Nebraska games.

So, 5th home game the week of 9/4 or 11/20. Probably not a marquee name. That means maybe only 2 home games before Hobo Day and the last home game as it's now scheduled for 11/6 (snow week it seems) against Missouri State. I hope they can find a decent game for 9/4.

9/11 @ Delaware
                9/18 Illinois St
                9/25 @ Nebraska
                10/2 @ UNI
                10/9 Western Illinois
                10/16 @ Southern Illinois
                10/23 Youngstown (Hobo Day)
                10/30 @ Indiana St
                11/6 Missouri St
                11/13 @ NDSU
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

2007 + 2009 are 2,000-3000+ because of why again?

Comment

Originally posted by CCdeville View Post
                    Not sure what you are getting at . The 2008 season average would have been a lot higher if we hadn't had a winter storm roll around for the Illinois State game (attendence was only 3276).

2008 average excluding Illinois State game: 11,232

Comment

Hahaha you are insinuating its because the gods from the north blessed us with their presence those years. You really think that the amount of people you brought would be worth a 2-3,000 jump in attendance average over the year? I highly question your math skills if you believe that.
                      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                        Hahaha you are insinuating its because the gods from the north blessed us with their presence those years. You really think that the amount of people you brought would be worth a 2-3,000 jump in attendance average over the year? I highly question your math skills if you believe that.
                        Indeed.

Didn't you know that NDSU sent 15,000 fans to the games in 2007 & 2009?

Comment

According to footballscoop.com these schools still have open dates on Sept. 4. This list is as of Jan. 27, think some school have come out with schedules in the interim:

1A New Mexico State
                          1AA Albany, Central Connecticut, Charleston Southern, Eastern Kentucky, Lafayette, Liberty, Maine, McNeese State, Missouri Southern. Montana State, North Carolina Central, Norfolk State, Northwestern State, Portland State, Stephen F. Austin, Virginia Union.

Nov. 20: D1AA Eastern Kentucky, Georgia State, Iona, Lamar, North Dakota

Comment

2007 - I think it was because we were Great West Champs

2009 - I think it was because we were playoff bound and 2nd in the MVC

It's not SMACK if the Facts have your BACK

Comment

Yes, the NDSU game helps elevate the attendance but so do games against SIU and UNI.]

Even numbered years our home MVC schedule is: Missouri St, Illinois St, Youngstown, & W. Illinois

Odd numbered years are: UNI, NDSU, SIU, & Indiana St

I wouldn't mind playing USD every other year so we play 1 big rivalry game a year at home. USD, NDSU, USD, NDSU... so on and so on.

Also, what year did SDSU start tailgating? I'm sure that fact plays a pretty significant factor in attendance.

Comment

Working...
                              X