Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thome a Twin!

Love it love it love it!

Finally, he can stop being a Twin killer and start being a killer for the Twins!
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Re: Thome a Twin!

Yeah, I don't know about this. Apparently the contract is VERY heavy on incentives so at least it isn't going to cost them much. I think this is going to be another aging vet signed that will show why they were able to be picked up cheap.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

75 % of what Jim Thome used to be is still twice as good as any other bat the Twins have coming off the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        75 % of what Jim Thome used to be is still twice as good as any other bat the Twins have coming off the bench.
        Agreed and at $1.5 mil, it isn't too much of a risk. I like it.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
          Agreed and at $1.5 mil, it isn't too much of a risk. I like it.
          I saw $1.5 and said "this is a steal". As long as he hits homers at Target Field like he did at the Dome. I was so relieved when he went from the Indians to the Phillies. That was short-lived when he came back to the Pale Hose. One of the biggest Twin-killers I've ever seen becomes a Twin. Should have done it with Frank Thomas a few years ago instead of him going to Oakland. The Twins might have won that playoff series then.

Comment

Its a good price tag for the guy, the ? I have is what are his numbers like when he doesn't have the Twins pitching staff to beat up? Its not a bad deal but it gives Gardy an excuse not to play Kubel or Young, it gives Gardy an excuse to pinch hit for them and it gives Gardy an excuse to keep Punto in the games because he can play all the positions. Again not a bad deal but LHB who can't play defense isn't what they need. Hope he can help them out but 2B and 3B are the problem areas not DH

Comment

I think he'll do well as a Twin, but even if he flops, at least he won't be batting against the Twins, because we all know to well he tee's off on the Twins....so its a win by default in my opinion.
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
              X