Spending freeze and no new hires.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spending freeze and no new hires.

This may be old news to some, but here is a recent article in the Brookings Register relating to new hires. I wonder will this affect the addition of assistant coaches in various sports.

http://www.brookingsregister.com/v2_...&story_id=7230

Re: Spending freeze and no new hires.

I don't think so. Athletics works from a different pot of money. The hiring freeze is intended to reduce general fund spending.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I wonder if this is just about no new positions. IOW if someone leaves they can be replaced at approximately the same salary by a new hire, but can't open new positions that weren't there before without significant justification.

Comment

I didn't know you guys were also under a freeze. Our idiot of an interim president made a PR disaster of a minor budget hiccup. He very publicly put NDSU under a hiring freeze in late Dec, only to lift it a week from now. This is a guy who's previous job disappeared when the tiny college he was running was forced to sell itself to another school rather than go bankrupt and close.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
          I don't think so. Athletics works from a different pot of money. The hiring freeze is intended to reduce general fund spending.
          Thanks JJ, I am sure you are correct.

Comment

Working...
          X