Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-State comment

From the Topeka Journal.

Kansas State can bounce back. It went on a 10-game tear after its only nonconference defeat and followed its loss at Missouri in the Big 12 opener with three straight wins.

Asked about the Cats' resiliency, Martin recalled past recoveries, then paused.

"I think we have (rebounded well), but we better be ready to do it again because it's Big 12 time," he said. "There's no South Dakota left on the schedule. If you don't bring your full set of emotions and prepare as best you can, it's going to be hard to succeed in the next game."

Baylor will make it hard in Waco. Kansas will make it hard when it rolls in with ESPN GameDay.........
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: K-State comment

You mean "Cupcake" U is not on there schedule anymore?
    Last edited by NorCalJack; 01-25-2010, 02:35 PM. Reason: Sorry about the typo
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post

You mean "Cupcake" U is not on there schedule anymore?
      Those people at the UNIVESITY of South Dakota are going to be pissed at that image. Yote fans won't mind though.

(missing the R)
      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Isn't it THE UNIVESITY of SOUTH DAKOTA?
        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
        --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

EXTRAORDINARY- The UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH DAKOTA so says the commerical with the booming voice of Tom Brokaw.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            EXTRAORDINARY- The UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH DAKOTA so says the commerical with the booming voice of Tom Brokaw.
            I've never quite understood why being 2-5 times more Ordinary than someone else would be something to brag about.

Comment

Originally posted by HoboJack View Post
              I've never quite understood why being 2-5 times more Ordinary than someone else would be something to brag about.
              And USD followers like jab at our You can go anywhere commerical. You got a point there, and when the Territorial Capital wentfrom Yankton to Bismarck I believe, USD became very ordinary and never got classes started until 1880's, but they say they were founded in 1862. Thats the biggest distortion of all. I love history, as its often full of distortions.

Comment

How you really trust any website or institution that has this phrase?

"The Coyotes stay warm, dry and virtually unbeatable in South Dakota's premier athletic facility — The DakotaDome."
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post

"The Coyotes stay warm, dry and virtually unbeatable in South Dakota's premier athletic facility — The DakotaDome."
                  It's facepalm week, I guess . . .
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by HoboJack View Post
                    When that's all you've got ...
                    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post

What part isn't true?

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                        What part isn't true?
                        I think the addition of "against inferior competition" would make it more correct. I am biased however.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

What part isn't true?
                          The "premiere athletic facility" part.

Based on number of athletic events held, I would have to say the Sioux Falls Arena holds that crown, unfortunately.
                          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

What part isn't true?
                            Well, the part about staying warm and dry isn't necessarily the stereotypical tough-guy northern plains football attitude, now is it? Dirt and blood and mud and snow and stuff.

Make a man out of ya, it does. Yup. None of this weenie dome stuff. Vikings have never been the same since they moved inside from the old Met. If they played outside, they'd have won in the Big Easy, you know. Look at the Jets! Yeah, they sucked all season, but they made the championship game--why? Because they played outside, that's why! San Diego? Hell they play inside even without a dome in S.Diego!

(OK, the Colts get a pass. they've got Manning, who plays outside even when he's inside. Chuck Norris wants to be Peyton Manning when he grows up. Plus he played for the Vols. I don't want to get in dutch with the wife. And the Saints are . . . well . . . the Saints. I give 'em a break for wearing that curly-cue thing on their helmets.)

NDSU used to be good, too, when they played outside. Now, look at 'em. Pathetic, I tell you.

And by the way, all you whippersnappers GET OFF MY LAWN!!! I ain't even got no Gran Torino in the garage, so BUZZ OFF!

(I believe that sets the correct tone of over-the-top ridiculousness with a seasoning of utter non-sequitur for a proper smack post . . . let me know if I soft-pedaled anything . . . )
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

What part isn't true?
                              Well, unless 'premier' means, "a whole bunch of other stuff crammed into an indoor track facility", I'd have to go with the 'premier athletic facility' part.

Comment

Working...
                              X